Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monday, July the 23rd, The U14 European Championships will start in Ostrava, Czech Republic.
Here are the nominations:

http://www.tenniseurope.org/PDF/junior/Individual Champs/2007/Nominations/B14.pdf

Any tips?
The winner gets a beer from me first time he/she will travel in Cluj, Romania:drink:

PS Don't look for Boluda on these lists, he'll play the U16 European Championships. And I don't know why, but I feel like he's gonna win the title!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Boluda winning U16 is not very likely. Some of the players have played ITF instead of U16. That is why seedings will be crazy.

Dimitrov or Laaksonen will stop Boluda if they play against each other, maybe Biryukov as well. Other players giving tough time for Boluda are Mihov, Obry, Draganja and Almeida.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boluda winning U16 is not very likely. Some of the players have played ITF instead of U16. That is why seedings will be crazy.

Dimitrov or Laaksonen will stop Boluda if they play against each other, maybe Biryukov as well. Other players giving tough time for Boluda are Mihov, Obry, Draganja and Almeida.
Hmmmm, you have a point here...Let's wait for the draws and then come back with a bet. Till then, my offer for a good beer stays valid against a right tip at the U14 championships!

PS As far as I know, beer is not quite cheap in Finland, so give it a try ;) I hope you reached the required age :bdaycake: to have a beer...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cannot say anything about U14 but for sure the winner is not from Finland.
Too bad, I was looking forward for a first tip:sad:
Anyway, I hope Porumb will finally play at his best and in this case he should have no problem to win. I see Volkov as his toughest opponent.
As for Finland, good luck for Laaksonen at the U16 Champs.!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Ace Loveforty
83,393 Posts
how come Krajinovic aint playing the U.16?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks for the link, interesting seedings. Certainly TE has its rules but in my opinion ITF rankings should be respected more. Dimitrov should be seeded #1.

Also of our local boys Laaksonen bt Sillanpaa (seeded 5-8) quite comfortably 62 62 last week on ITF final. For Laaksonen it have made no sense to play Tennis Europe anymore as he have won three ITF tournaments in last few months.

Anyway I'm sure there will be great matches in Moscow next week. If anybody there would be nice to get some reports.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,393 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe because he cannot cheat on clay...
I suppose you saw him doing just that on hard court...When and where did it happen? I mean this has to be some habit already if Scarecrows also noticed it :eek:

·
Registered
111 Posts
I suppose you saw him doing just that on hard court...When and where did it happen? I mean this has to be some habit already if Scarecrows also noticed it :eek:
Saw him at Orange Bowl 14s last year....drove japanese Uchiyama totally crazy. And won of course...Uchiyama were in pretty good form winning Eddie Herr just week before.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts