Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Re: U.S. Open Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated August 24, 2017)

On Monday, the first day of play does the MD start with the top or the bottom of the draw?
harder to predict than used to be when cbs had weekend coverage. could then see the biggest names go 1st (agassi back in the day). with espn its harder to see.

if roger and nadal are on same side of draw i think they go first to give them extra day after qtrs if they make it that far. if different sides i think they'd give roger that extra time and start 1st but that's a 60/40 guess.

if roger and nadal are on same side that means one will be day and one night straight through. even qtrs when the biggest names get the night

·
Super Moderator
18,661 Posts
Re: U.S. Open Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated August 24, 2017)

harder to predict than used to be when cbs had weekend coverage. could then see the biggest names go 1st (agassi back in the day). with espn its harder to see.

if roger and nadal are on same side of draw i think they go first to give them extra day after qtrs if they make it that far. if different sides i think they'd give roger that extra time and start 1st but that's a 60/40 guess.

if roger and nadal are on same side that means one will be day and one night straight through. even qtrs when the biggest names get the night
I'm pretty certain the draw is going to "randomly" put Rafa and Fed on opposite sides of the draw

·
Registered
128 Posts
Re: U.S. Open Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated August 26, 2017)

It is a shame Tursunov and Haider-Maurer get in the MD with their PR and are not able to finish their matches
do they get any prize money after all ?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts