Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Everyone has gone case crazy!

Now that the death rate is so low that CV doesn't even qualify as a Pandemic they have to freak out about 'cases' artificially driven by the BS PCR test. Enjoy social distancing and crappy sports with no fans folks - it ain't going away until people say enough of this crap.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts

·
Banned
3,297 Posts

Now that the death rate is so low that CV doesn't even qualify as a Pandemic they have to freak out about 'cases' artificially driven by the BS PCR test. Enjoy social distancing and crappy sports with no fans folks - it ain't going away until people say enough of this crap.
Honestly I’m tied between approaches here on this. While I do think we gotta limit certain things in the meantime till case counts go down a bit, it’s pretty obvious this thing will never go away and will likely resurface from time to time like the flu does. I think the best thing to do is to limit huge gatherings and things like that where the virus can spread like crazy and definitely focus on protecting the ones at risk of severe cases but other than that, we should still be able to generally live our lives and definitely not hide at home the whole goddamn time.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
i was in hospital for 18 days with that insidious disease in late march early april (not ICU)

turned down a family wedding in early october although my mom and youngest sister are going.

did go to friends moms funeral since was outside - service was at gravesite and no food thing after. did social distance and did the elbow bump.

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
i was in hospital for 18 days with that insidious disease in late march early april (not ICU)

turned down a family wedding in early october although my mom and youngest sister are going.

did go to friends moms funeral since was outside - service was at gravesite and no food thing after. did social distance and did the elbow bump.
Shit man, glad to see you recovered. You got any long term effects or are you completely recovered?

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Shit man, glad to see you recovered. You got any long term effects or are you completely recovered?
get winded if try to exert. medium to fast walk is exerting . have walked a couple or three miles a few times though just slow down when i feel it. oxygen level at rest is 95%. much better than it was at hospital and there i was getting a lot of oxygen. haven't been on oxygen since i've been home. most people are 97% or so I think.

i feel fortunate and the nurses and drs were terrific.

i was 64 when in hospital now 65.

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
get winded if try to exert. medium to fast walk is exerting . have walked a couple or three miles a few times though just slow down when i feel it. oxygen level at rest is 95%. much better than it was at hospital and there i was getting a lot of oxygen. haven't been on oxygen since i've been home. most people are 97% or so I think.

Well I’m glad to see you’re recovering. No one really knows if effects are permanent or if they slowly recover to normal but I would just try to stay active but not over exert yourself and you may be able to improve overtime.

·
Registered
457 Posts
South Americans being the first not all that surprising, but wow this is an early blow to the return of tournament tennis.

·
Rankings Master
16,076 Posts

Hey, at least we're getting some tennis, or would you rather play the MTF Draw game until 2023?

·
Rankings Master
16,076 Posts

Good to see you well and posting after it. Take good care now.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts

An infectious disease doesn't even need to be deadly to cause a pandemic just spread widely. You could have a pandemic of a disease that kills no one.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Yesterday I fell into a well and couldn't get out. A fire engine had to come and rescue me.

When they were dragging me out of the well, they tore my shirt.

Why does the fire service go around tearing people's shirts? I mean, they're supposed to help people, not tear their clothes. Why would anyone want to get their clothes torn?

I mean, it's not as if I died in the well. So I didn't die and I nevertheless got my shirt torn. And who benefits from all this? Yep, the textile industry.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
An infectious disease doesn't even need to be deadly to cause a pandemic just spread widely. You could have a pandemic of a disease that kills no one.
Yeah, that change in the definition of a pandemic came right in time for the Swine flu. We were so fortunate that the Swine flu was classified as a pandemic back then so quicky, otherwise the contracts for Tamilu as well as the vaccine contracts would have never come into effect, with fatal consequences.

Just imagine the dangerous situation (only speaking for Germany) without the million doses Tamiflu (300 Million Euros) which was completely useless for treatment or the 50 Million doses vaccine (700 Million Euros) that unfortunately had to be destroyed later because the vaccine lost its approval because of its severe side effects?

·
Banned
5,792 Posts
Just imagine the dangerous situation (only speaking for Germany) without the million doses Tamiflu (300 Million Euros) which was completely useless for treatment or the 50 Million doses vaccine (700 Million Euros) that unfortunately had to be destroyed later because the vaccine lost its approval because of its severe side effects?
Here €50 million and €266 million of taxpayer money were spent respectively on Tamiflu and the useless vaccines in 2009. Everything was destroyed later on.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
South Americans being the first not all that surprising,
Why? The two players and the physio had recently come from Miami where they were practising to get ready for these tournaments. Kei Nishikori was also in Florida when he got his positive test, though there is no information that these two cases are in anyway linked. Who knows.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Yeah, that change in the definition of a pandemic came right in time for the Swine flu. We were so fortunate that the Swine flu was classified as a pandemic back then so quicky, otherwise the contracts for Tamilu as well as the vaccine contracts would have never come into effect, with fatal consequences.

C'mon man. The words epidemic and pandemic have never been about the lethality of an infectious disease but about how it spreads. You're just doing some historical revisionism to support your conspiracy views. Here's a snippet from a text published in 1894 that mentions that pandemic and epidemic refer specifically to the "mode of distribution":

Lastly, according to their mode of distribution amongst communities or in districts, complaints are said to be : (1) Sporadic ; (2) Epidemic ; (3) Endemic ; and (4) Pandemic. The meanings of these terms are defined under their several headings, but they are sufficiently familiar as indicating the mode of distribution of the diseases to which they respectively belong.
See A Dictionary of Medicine (page 546).

1 - 20 of 40 Posts