Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dima - I am so happy for this win :woohoo: Well done, - what a fightback!!! I must admit I lost faith and thought it was all over at the end of the 2nd set - I should have had more faith. Well done Dima :worship:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:​

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
i don't get malisse. talent-wise he's top-20 material at least but he just isn't able to get it together to finally show some results. unbelievable headcase obviously.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Very nice Dima!!! Good luck in playing Querrey!!!

·
Registered
19,954 Posts
Again, I was only able to watch the SB (as did most of you, I assume, seeing that they put this match on court 18) but did Malisse go on one of his walkabouts?

WTF happened?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Again, I was only able to watch the SB (as did most of you, I assume, seeing that they put this match on court 18) but did Malisse go on one of his walkabouts?

WTF happened?
Belgian teletext said he throwed his racquets several times, cursing the whole match and got booed of the court

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,503 Posts
Malisse was very pissed off throughout the match.

·
Registered
90 Posts
You know... it's always weird to see someone WIN a tournament the week before and then see them struggle or just out and out lose the very next match at the very next tournament.

Are they doing too much celebrating after the win? Are they not getting out of town quick enough, therefore suffering some sort of jet lag? The courts shouldn't be THAT different, especially HERE given all the hype of the NEW courts in Australia.

Anyway... great win for Tursunov. Glad to see he didn't blow that awesome momentum from Sydney.

Tursunov vs. Djokovic 3rd Round??? Should be an entertaining one!

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You know... it's always weird to see someone WIN a tournament the week before and then see them struggle or just out and out lose the very next match at the very next tournament.

Are they doing too much celebrating after the win? Are they not getting out of town quick enough, therefore suffering some sort of jet lag? The courts shouldn't be THAT different, especially HERE given all the hype of the NEW courts in Australia.

Anyway... great win for Tursunov. Glad to see he didn't blow that awesome momentum from Sydney.

Tursunov vs. Djokovic 3rd Round??? Should be an entertaining one!
I think it's just a mental/emotional reaction thing. Winning a tournament (even a smaller one) is a big deal for most players, and they have to really focus and concentrate, and raise their level. Then once it's over, there is inevitably a mental reaction of relaxing and thinking "Thank God that's over and I can relax!" but the trouble is, with a match at another tournament within a couple of days, you really don't get time for that relaxation, and immediately have to psyche yourself up again for the next one.

According to Dima he didn't celebrate after Sydney at all :sad: - he had a flight to Melbourne at 7.00am the following morning. And I guess even though the courts are going to be the same surface, you've got different rooms, different Hotels, different practice courts etc to adjust to, so most players probably need more than two days to get ready for their next tournament mentally if not physically.

Anyway - he did it :)

·
Banned
105 Posts
Again Xav lets us down :( such a talented player, but can't handle many situations. Outplaying a brainless ball basher , and then lets him roll him in the final 3 sets and loses his mind completely. Definately top 3 material for most dissapointing player.

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Again Xav lets us down :( such a talented player, but can't handle many situations. Outplaying a brainless ball basher , and then lets him roll him in the final 3 sets and loses his mind completely. Definately top 3 material for most dissapointing player.
I hardly think winning two sets by scores of 7-6 and 7-5 can exactly be described as "outplaying" anyone :rolleyes: There was only one lost service game in 25 games, and that was Dima's last service game at the end of the second set. If Malisse had been outplaying him that much, I would have assumed at least a couple more breaks of his serve, or at least some deuce games and many break points on Dima's serve. Seems like a totally even match at the beginning from where I'm standing.

And isn't it funny how this so-called "brainless ball basher" had the focus, fight, concentration and brain to fight back from two sets to love down, and keep his mind cool amongst all the shouting and racquet throwing that Malisse is reputed to have done. Give the guy some credit for that at least surely?

Reactions: Carlita

·
Pacific Northwest Home
31,879 Posts
:yeah:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts