Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fed's been in a rut since wimbledon match and he came out in killer mode in a very big match for BOTH.

Let's face it fed has been struggling to beat novak for a while now but he arguably you would say has been better from the baseline since paris last year set 3 onward and wimbledon and including today losing tiebreaks only showing he has been lacking belief i believe he won 10-12 more points in the wimbledon epic overall.

1. Paris court and wimbledon even though much slower, i feel that fed had some mental demons he has been battling sort of like what nadal was doing to him.

2. This match was VERY SIGNIFICANT for novak. He would have had a chance to return to number 1, clinch year end num 1 #6, extend his weeks at number one passing sampras.

Federer has been making novak play bad by the way he has been playing but sucking at the wrong moments and gifting djokovic these matches due to losing many matches in a row.

Will be interesting to see how things change going forward there is already early word that aussie open is going to be on the faster side again and fed is going to have some belief again in himself which is what he honeslty has been lacking for too long now. He still may not win ATP finals this year but he may have gained much more. Djokovic i hope did not further tweak his elbow which would be bad to end the season final match doing that.

·
10,864 Posts
Fed's been in a rut since wimbledon match and he came out in killer mode in a very big match for BOTH.

Let's face it fed has been struggling to beat novak for a while now but he arguably you would say has been better from the baseline since paris last year set 3 onward and wimbledon and including today losing tiebreaks only showing he has been lacking belief i believe he won 10-12 more points in the wimbledon epic overall.

1. Paris court and wimbledon though much slower i feel that fed had some mental demons he has been battling sort of like what nadal was doing to him.

2. This match was VERY SIGNIFICANT for novak. He would have had a chance to return to number 1, clinch year end num 1 #6, extent his weeks at number one passing sampras.

Federer has been making novak play bad by the way he has been playing but sucking at the wrong moments and gifting djokovic the match due to losing many matches in a row.

Will be interesting to see how things change going forward there is already early word that aussie open is going to be on the faster side again and fed is going to have some belief again in himself which is what he honeslty has been lacking for too long now. He still may not win ATP finals this year but he may have gained much more.

·
10,864 Posts
So Fyi You just left click the gif and move it into the post

·
Registered
15,229 Posts
No it means nothing and even if it does , he failed in the moment of truth, the biggest moment of his entire career. 40-15 , that was it. You seize the moment and you capture the glory.

Blowing 2 MPs in a row from 40-15 in the biggest match of your life when all the momentum is with you is unacceptable but losing all 4 in a row is unforgivable.

·
Registered
58 Posts
No it means nothing and even if it does , he failed in the moment of truth, the biggest moment of his entire career. 40-15 , that was it. You seize the moment and you capture the glory.

Blowing 2 MPs in a row from 40-15 in the biggest match of your life when all the momentum is with you is unacceptable but losing all 4 in a row is unforgivable.
Lighten up, doomer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts