Mens Tennis Forums banner

121 - 140 of 146 Posts

·
Blown Out On the Trail
62,739 Posts
Re: Re: Tuesday order of play/Scores/Results

WyverN said:
Well Safin is still mentally weak, I know it is hard to come back but instead of concentrating on the match he continously yelled at the umpire even for let cords that were beeped automatically.
I'm sure it was charming and endearing yelling. ;)

Too bad for Marat, but Jonas is one of my favorites! It's hard for Marat to make his comeback at TMS tourneys. Even the first round is difficult. Anyway, YEA JONAS!!! Keep it going!!

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
I'll agree to that..... GO GUGA!!!!

·
psychotic banana
15,731 Posts
Go Guga Go

·
Registered
48 Posts
Guga will lose sorry to say that, I am watching the game, bodyl language wrong, physuque wrong, other guy far too strong for him.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
K. Kucera def. A. Clement 7-6, 4-6, 6-3

A. Costa 6-3, 4-4 F. Gonzalez
V. Spadea 7-6, 2-4 A. Calleri
J. I. Chela 5-2 M. Verkerk - Verkerk is getting painful to watch now, he lost his opening service game of the match.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Costa saved a set point being down 5*-6 in the second set, but he finally won the tie break and the match by 6-3 7-6(3)

Believe it or not, he won the match point using serve and volley :p

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Re: Re: Tuesday order of play/Scores/Results

I can certainly believe it - if you saw him beating Federer at Miami this year, he looked as though he'd suddenly become Tim Henman, he was constantly pulling off incredible low volleys around the net and in one game he serve volleyed on every single point. There's a reason why he and Corretja won the bronze in doubles at the Olympics, after all...

Chela just thrashed Verkerk 2 and 2. On an indoor court. Yep, it's safe to say Verkerk is struggling (it's not as though Chela is having a brilliant year himself).

·
Registered
223 Posts
Marat-Jonas match was awesome :worship: Jonas started weakly, but he played great at the end of the second and in the third... Umpires weren't really that bad, but the match was very tight, so every point was very important.

·
Registered
223 Posts
On the tournament's website it says that Kafelnikov got injured on his hand... well, that's not true, he was checked on his left foot. :eek:

121 - 140 of 146 Posts