Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My last at this year’s BCR Open *sigh* And I was worried cos I hadn’t seen Dima yet! The first thing we say was Flo and Paulo practicing :hearts: and then I teamed up with Miruna to go to Christophe’s first round match against young Ukrainian quallie Oleksandr Dolgopolov Jr. (that guy is 2 months younger than me :eek: !) who looks like a child :baby: He seemed to have a lot of potential and had a beautiful game with lots of successful dropshots and quite good serves, as well as groundstrokes, so I might keep an eye on him. But my fav was Christophe :p I was expecting to be the only spectator there along with Miru, Kati and Chris’ coach, but the stands were full so we had nowhere to sit but right behind Rochus’ coach. The Belgian handed Dolgopolov a breadstick in the first set, but then the kid raised the level of his game and Chris relaxed and lost his focus, so he had to fight to clinch the win in a tie-break. Sandee was still at Vagno’s first round match against Pippo to see superhot coach so Miru and I strolled around the practice courts to see what was up…and we saw a blonde head and Kati taking loadsa pics and we lost our breath for a second: DIMA!!!!!! He was great! I took a shitload of photos of him :lol: more than of any other player :lol: but he was awesome :hearts: Vio and her sister showed up so I met them too and so did Aleka (she was so excited about it :lol: ) and we started a photoshoot :p I’m sure Dima can’t complain about not getting attention now :lol: We got pics with him and he was very very very sweet and nice. Then we saw Carlos again and I thought I didn’t take enough photos of him and I didn’t have any other chances of doing so, so I went over to him to get another pic with him. I stood so far away from him and he was so nice :smash: and my full photo shows my ridiculous position :retard: but I won’t embarrass myself by posting it here :lol: :p the guy was cool, asking us whether the photo was okay and my silly head forgot that he had a match coming up, and forgot to wish him good luck :banghead: I went to Flo’s match vs. Aranguren with Sandee and Marina and he won easily 6-1 6-0. Actually, Sandee was there already and when I went in, cute coach Thierry was leaving and he looked at me as I passed him by (recognizing the me after all the stalking :eek: :rolls: ) so I greeted him and he said ‘hi’ at the same time :angel: I can’t believe he’s 43! If he looks so good at this age, I wonder how he looked 20 years ago :drool: Aranguren had no chance against Flo’s very solid baseling game so it was over really fast and we then went to Zaba’s match against Koubek. Pico was there, along with el Profe, Martin Garcia and another Argie that looked a lot like Gattuso :rolls: (according to Marina, but she was right :lol: ) Zaba won the first set, but Koubek never ceases to bug my favs and won the 2nd set. PI left to watch some of Carlos’ match but it was sooo long I didn’t have the patience (tho it was very high quality tennis, but I had to see my other faves too). Zaba wasn’t doing too good so I ran over to GGL’s doubles match with Christopher Kas against Prieto/Cermak. I took some piccies of GGL and then headed back to see Zaba losing :sad: :awww: :hug: Koubek :mad: In the meantime, we saw Paulo beating Greul with a double breadstick and we sat right in from of Thierry :hearts: and Flo. But Flo left at some point and Christophe showed up, but he didn't come to Thierry cos he was afraid of us :haha:The next match we saw was the end of the doubles match between Gilles/Flo vs. Fyrstenberg/Matkowski. Flo was so hilarious cos he kept on smiling and laughing while Gilles was so pissed and kept on rolling his eyes and cursing. At some point, Sandee yelled an ‘Allez Flo!’ and the next thing we heard was ‘game, set, match Fyrstenberg/Matkowski’ :haha: :haha: :haha: I wanted to take a pic with Gilles really badly cos it was my last chance to do it, so after he left the court I stopped him and asked him for a pic and he said ‘After….’ I was so disappointed….after what???? :bigcry: as there was nothing left, we wanted to go to Charly’s match (which hadn’t ended, since Lucho was having a good day) but as we wanted to go in, we bumped into Miru and Aleka. Miru was waiting for Gilles to cos she had been refused too :eek: Only Marina was fortuntate enough to get a pic, but Miru said he’ll show up as soon as he finishes his press conference. Meanwhile, Pico and Zaba turned up and I took a pic with Zaba since despite having one from last year, I HAD to get a new one. And then Aleka and Marina (and Sandee too) disappeared which left only the 2 of us waiting for Gilles. I was thinking that he’ll come from some place further away but a door quite close to us opened and he came out. As soon as he saw me he nodded saying ‘now yes…’ and raised his arm to put it around me. My camera wasn’t even ready and I had low batteries too and I wanted Miru to take a piccie first but he came so firmly to me that I had no other choice :lol: The silly screen of the camera kept on shutting down cos of the batteries but Miru took the pic and I was like oooooooooooooooo my goooooooooooosh :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: then she got a pic with him and Gilles left….man he is ADORABLE!!!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: And we managed to catch the last few games of Charly vs Lucho. It was absolutely ridiculous cos there were TONS of kids waiting for autographs who flooded the player’s boxes including the one where a dressed-up el Profe was sitting :haha: you should’ve seen him surrounded and almost buried under a load of kiddies :haha: :spit: But Carlos signed only 3 or 4 and then ran away :haha: he was great :haha: poor kids tho :lol:. The next match on center court was a complete bore: Pavel vs. Pashanski. That wasn’t on our list so we went to see the doubles match of Ruben R-H/Martin Vassallo vs. Melzer/Knowle. I took a zillion piccies of Ruben but all came out blurry :( only the ones with Jurgen are decent. The Austrian duo won and there was nothing left but Pavel’s match. I just threw myself on the stairs there (it was so packed with people) and almost took a nap :yawn: I didn’t even clap :zzz: But we had to wait, cos Dima was up against Waske (poor bloke, we were up against him again! :lol: ) after Pavel’s match. It was only about 20 when Dima started so we were sure we wouldn’t arrive home as late as on the previous day. We were quite a big group at this match, most of us cheering for Dima, with the most acive ones being Miru, Aleka and Sandee who kept on yelling ‘Davai Dima!’ and that stuff. I’m sure Waske recognized us :lol: But to our immense surprise, he won the 1st set and took an early lead in the second. I can say he was quite *cough* excited *cough* :spit: Everyone thought Dima had come here just to see the city and most of the crowd left after the first set and especially after the German took a 5-2 lead. Lots of kids (autograph hunters) were already there and were cheering for Waske ( :ras: ) waiting for the match to end. And then came the big choke. It was 40-00 on Waske’s serve as he had 3 MPs when disaster occurred for him. After Dima saved the first two matchpoints, Waske’s first serve didn’t work and there was some noise in the stands. So then someone said a very whispered ‘shhhhh’ and we imitated it and soon, the whole center court was ‘ssssssshhhhhhh’ing :haha: Waske lost concentration and got pissed off and choked. We annoyed him even more by screaming Dima up, Dima down, and all that so we did have a big role too :p (tho I have to admit I didn’t yell, yet I clapped very loudly too :D ). The Russian won the second set 7-6 and then the match with 6-4 in the last set. We were sooo happy!!! And hell, it was 22.30 AGAIN!!!! Before leaving the court, Waske made sure he threw us a look that said ‘DIE!’ :rolls: oh and how could I forget! At some point in the 3rd set he kept on talking to himself and with my excellent German skills (NOT :lol: ) I managed to understand that he said something like ‘After a perfect 2nd set…’ and then something with ‘dumm’ and ‘von oben’…what could’ve been dumm and ‘von oben’? Stupid and up? Ah yes! The stupid girls from up there :haha: yes, that’s us :haha: Haha, danke Herr Waske! But Dima was nice, after signing some autographs and right before he entered the player’s lounge he gave us a grin that said it all :lol: And with this match, my 2006 tennis adventure ended :bigcry: :crying2: On Wednesday when I came home, I cried on the train thinking how cool it would’ve been to stay longer :sobbing: but then I calmed down, being thankful for even this little :) Miru got me a birthday wish from Dima saying ‘Iza, Happy birthday! You are finally 18 now! Dmitry’ which was extremely nice :hug: and the girls got me a photo frame and they wrote ‘Rochus’ place’ on it :haha: Thanks a LOT, chicas!!!! I’ll miss you all :hug: :hug: :hug: What did I get from this tournament: two more big faves (Gilles and Pico) and the possibility to see 4 youngsters that impressed me: Fabio Fognini, Lukas Lacko, Pavol Cervenak and Oleksandr Dolgopolov. Fabio played like shit but he was hot, Lukas was arrogant but he played nice tennis and was pretty, Cervenak showed his big potential but he didn’t have consistency and experience and so did the Ukrainian kid, who I think might be top 50 material someday. And yes, I’ll admit it Sandee I did like Christophe most :eek: :eek: despite him being 10 cms shorter than me :ras: He’s just like a doll! Inca mor de ras cand mi-l imaginez cu chilotii de piele si biciul :devil: :haha: :haha:
THANK YOU girls for a wonderful experience :kiss: and Sandee especially for being such a lovely host :smooch: !

·
Registered
12,997 Posts
aaaa nu ti-am povestit :lol: dupa meciul Waske - Dima arbitrii tot vorbeau ca Waske tot injura pe cineva in timpul meciului .. cred ca stim pe cine :haha:

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
:hug:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts