Mens Tennis Forums banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
34,568 Posts
Davis Cup does not apply to these rankings.
Has it changed during the 2018 off-season? DC has been counting for the TT rankings since 2014, according to the rules currently posted in the Rules Thread.
Code:
- Introduced in 2014, according to ATP - points are awarded for each live rubber* win in World Group I or Play-offs as follows:

[b]Singles Doubles[/b]
R16 win 24 R16 win 30
QF win 39 QF win 48
SF win 42 SF win 54
F win 45 F win 57
Play-off win 3 Play-off win 3

[b]Bonus[/b]
Singles player who wins 7 live matches and their team wins the competition: 45
Singles player who wins 8 live matches: 75
Doubles player who wins 4 matches and their team wins the competition: 21

*Live rubbers:
- Both singles matches played on Friday
- Doubles match played on Saturday.
- Both singles matches played on Sunday if the tie is still undecided.
If no change was made, DC should remain awarding ranking points, as we're not two separate organisations like ATP & ITF and players who enter DC are not able to play challegers in the same week.

Of course the points breakdown would have to be adapted to the new format. The maximum number of matches a singles player and a doubles player are able to play are the same, so it doesn't make sense to have different points distributions anymore. Here's a suggestion that keeps the same maximum amount of points given to the doubles players in previous years.

Code:
- Points are awarded for each live rubber* win in Davis Cup Finals or Qualifiers Round as follows:

[b]Singles & Doubles[/b]
Group Stage win 15
QF win 48
SF win 54
F win 57
Qualifiers win 3

[b]Bonus[/b]
Singles/doubles player who wins 5 Davis Cup Finals matches and their team wins the competition: 21

*Live rubbers (Qualifiers Round):
- Davis Cup Finals: all matches are live rubbers.

·
Super Moderator
9,661 Posts
Has it changed during the 2018 off-season? DC has been counting for the TT rankings since 2014, according to the rules currently posted in the Rules Thread.
Code:
- Introduced in 2014, according to ATP - points are awarded for each live rubber* win in World Group I or Play-offs as follows:

[b]Singles Doubles[/b]
R16 win 24 R16 win 30
QF win 39 QF win 48
SF win 42 SF win 54
F win 45 F win 57
Play-off win 3 Play-off win 3

[b]Bonus[/b]
Singles player who wins 7 live matches and their team wins the competition: 45
Singles player who wins 8 live matches: 75
Doubles player who wins 4 matches and their team wins the competition: 21

*Live rubbers:
If no change was made, DC should remain awarding ranking points, as we're not two separate organisations like ATP & ITF and players who enter DC are not able to play challegers in the same week.

Of course the points breakdown would have to be adapted to the new format. The maximum number of matches a singles player and a doubles player are able to play are the same, so it doesn't make sense to have different points distributions anymore. Here's a suggestion that keeps the same maximum amount of points given to the doubles players in previous years.

Code:
- Points are awarded for each live rubber* win in Davis Cup Finals or Qualifiers Round as follows:

[b]Singles & Doubles[/b]
Group Stage win 15
QF win 48
SF win 54
F win 57
Qualifiers win 3

[b]Bonus[/b]
Singles/doubles player who wins 5 Davis Cup Finals matches and their team wins the competition: 21

*Live rubbers (Qualifiers Round):
- Davis Cup Finals: all matches are live rubbers.
I could be wrong but I was always under the assumption they were not included here and only included on the nation rankings you publish.

See batates...just won DC but not included here.

·
Registered
14,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Yes, DC used to award points. With the new format I asked about points for this year and was told there weren't to be any in the Ask The Board thread (posts #2242-2245, but that's the only discussion I've seen)
I don't think so. Certainly not towards the rankings that you run. If you are referring to the Davis Cup Rankings, then I assume they'll run similarly to last year.

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Yes, DC used to award points. With the new format I asked about points for this year and was told there weren't to be any in the Ask The Board thread (posts #2242-2245, but that's the only discussion I've seen)
I think there should have been , and Justin just mistakenly thought it was a pure exhibition event, I seen he commented no, and dinkulpus soon after that there should be, I would be pretty certain the board at the time did not discuss.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts