Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
34,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is where we will confirm captains and teams for this years' TT Davis Cup - there will be a separate thread for the Qualifying Round, which takes place in March.

Davis Cup rules have changed for 2019, following ITF's new format.

ITF changes:
  • Davis Cup Finals will be a 18-team competition played in November - 6 groups of 3 teams each. 6 winners of each group + 2 best second place teams qualify to the elimination round (quarterfinals, then semifinals, then final). Ties in November consist of 2 singles matches + 1 doubles match.
  • Participating teams are the 4 previous year's semifinalists + 2 WC + 12 winners from a Qualification Round played in February/March. In the Qualification Round, teams ranked 5th to 16th in previous year's Finals are seeded and play against 12 teams from Zonal Groups. Ties in February/March consist of 4 singles matches + 1 doubles match player over two days.
TT adjustments:
  • No WCs in TT (14 ties played in February, with teams ranked 5th to 18th in previous year's Finals being seeded).
  • Teams which do not qualify for the Qualifiers Round will play in World Group I.
New rules (Link - TT rules post #7).

How to sign up

In the 2nd post there is a list of countries in Finals/Qualifying Round/World Group I. Teams which are not listed in post #4 are also allowed to play, as long as they're formed by two or more players from the same TT nationality. First of all, could all those who have been appointed captain by virtue of their ranking confirm (or decline) their acceptance of this position by 6 PM CET Monday 10th February. If a player declines the captaincy (or fails) to confirm then the next highest ranked player who wants it will get it. That player will then be the captain for the whole of 2020. The captain will be responsible for picking the team and the line ups for each DC tie, but does not neccessarily have to play him or herself.

The next step is to then pick the teams for the first round of DC matches. You can pick 2,3 or 4 players to be in the team and choose using whatever methods you like. The teams must be confirmed by 6 PM CET Thursday 20th February so that I can make the draw and any players who don't make their country's team or whose team has a bye can sign up for the Challengers played the same week as DC.

Then, the team captains need to confirm their line ups to me by 6 PM CET Wednesday 4th March, i.e. who is playing singles, doubles and the reverse singles (singles matches played on Saturday). This only applies to teams with 3 or 4 players as teams with only 2 will automatically play singles and doubles.

Deadlines
Monday 10th February
6 PM CET - Captains confirm.
Thursday 20th February 6 PM CET - Teams confirmed.
Wednesday 4th March 6 PM CET - Captains confirm line ups for first round ties.

·
34,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Teams - TT DC 2020

Qualified to Davis Cup Finals

Egypt
Croatia
Russia
Germany

Qualifiers Round (possible bye)

Italy
Papua New Guinea
Greece
USA
Canada
Great Britain
France
Netherlands
Australia
China
Serbia
Portugal
Brazil
Argentina
Spain
Belarus
Poland
Turkey
Ireland
Ukraine
Belgium
Bulgaria
Slovakia
Romania
Others?

·
34,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Monday 10th February 6 PM CET - Captains confirm.

Would you like to be the captain of your nation's TT DC team in 2020? Captains must contact players from the same TT nation and then nominate a team of at least two players until February 20th 6 PM CET. Please confirm (or decline) the capitaincy. Don't forget to decline if you're not interested in the position.

Qualified for Davis Cup Finals

EGY: Abollo
CRO: rusca_djokerfan
RUS: Dmitry Bond
GER: PortlandTimbers

Qualifiers Round (max. 28 teams - possible byes) or World Group I

ITA: StevieRayMatt
PNG: Jpaulo1610
GRE: Toxicmango
USA: Allez-Alejo
CAN: a1canada
GBR: Walsall
FRA: supertom
NED: Himalaya
AUS: Markmik
CHN: Chenhw
SRB: Darth Revan
POR: Rumpas
BRA: Liedson_CH
ARG: Diego36Arg
ESP: alejan_Milos
BLR: Gux
POL: Slazlo
TUR: Bebek21
IRL: NextGenKing
UKR: Cazorla
BEL: ZellKFF
BUL: Vocelov
SVK: Transcender
ROU: Enlightenedth

·
34,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Important:
  • Nationality changes are only allowed during the off-season.
  • Teams which are not listed in post #2 are still allowed to sign up, as long as they are formed by two players from the same TT nation.
  • Qualifiers Round 2020 takes place in 6-7 March & the Davis Cup Finals 2020 are played in November (the week following the ATP Finals).
  • Captain reminders: a first invitation is being sent today, followed by a reminder 3 or 4 days later. After that, I will contact other players from the same nation and the best ranked player who confirms until the deadline will be the team captain.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I decline captaincy thanks, I dont't quite fancy this competition

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I confirm for Portugal

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
seeing as this will be my one and only chance to be captain, I confirm and promise to play this year and give my all 😎

·
Registered
133 Posts
I decline captaincy.

·
Registered
10,073 Posts
Confirm for FRA

·
Registered
884 Posts
I'll be captain for Brazil. I accept the mission.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts