Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
14,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wavey: Here is where we will confirm captains and teams for this years' TT Davis Cup - there will be a separate thread for the actual Davis Cup rounds

How to sign up
In the next post there is a list of countries in the World Group and World Group II for 2008. First of all, could all those who have been appointed captain by virtue of their ranking confirm (or decline) their acceptance of this position by 6PM CET Sunday 13th January. If a player declines the captaincy (or fails) to confirm then the next highest ranked player who wants it will get it. That player will then be the captain for the whole of 2008. The captain will be responsible for picking the team and the line ups for each DC tie, but does not neccessarily have to play him or herself. Any new countries that join the Davis Cup will be placed in World Group II - I have put some possible new countries at the bottom of the list based on nations that have 2 or more ranked players.

The next step is to then pick the teams for the first round of DC matches. You can pick 2,3 or 4 players to be in the team and choose using whatever methods you like. The teams must be confirmed by 6PM Friday 18th January so that I can make the draw and any players who don't make their country's team or whose team has a bye can sign up for the Challengers played the same week as DC.

Then, the team captains need to confirm their line ups to me by 7th February, i.e. who is playing singles and doubles. This only applies to teams with 3 or 4 players as teams with only 2 will automatically play singles and doubles.

If any of the 16 countries who have qualified for the World Group fail to make a team by the deadline then the next best ranked team using the Davis Cup Rankings will replace them.

Just like the ATP, the 8 losers of the first round World Group ties will play off against the winners of the World Group II ties for promotion/relegation

Deadlines
Sunday 13th January 18:00 CET - Captains confirm.
Friday 18th January 18:00 CET - Teams confirmed.
Sunday 20th January (tbc) - Live Draw for 2007 Davis Cup.
Wednesday 6th February 18:00 CET - Captains confirm line ups for first round ties.

·
Registered
14,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
World Group
Australia – Tankman
Belarus – Adee-Gee
Brazil - Keqtqiadv
Bulgaria – A_Skywalker
Croatia - TennisFanCroatia
France - Scala
Germany - TommyB
Great Britain - Greatkingrat
India - Shivaram
Israel – Vamos Israel
Netherlands - Sheva
Portugal - Melvins
Romania – Scythe19pro
Russia - Dmitriy
Serbia – Savestheday91
Singapore - Balloon

World Group II
Argentina - Caralimon
Austria - Tiptopdaisy
Belgium - Foosimoo
Canada - Sploush
Chile - Alonsofz
Cyprus - Kindablue?
Finland - Labamba
Hungary - Qczi
Kazakhstan - Renaudb
Macedonia - Yarkko?
Poland – Tomek.
Spain – Freesbee?
USA – Coreyschucky
Italy – Gutturnio D.O.C.
Switzerland – Maldini
Slovenia – Chris84
China – Linus

·
Registered
14,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Captains - start to confirm.
Players - express your interest in playing for your country here or by pm to your captain!
:D

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I confim!

Ruisantos already expressed him interest! I will wait for anothers players! ;)

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
I will be here for my country :wavey:

·
User from Russia
2,253 Posts
I confirm for Russia as captain

·
#freeviktor
93,847 Posts
I am excited to be back to lead Serbia to back to back Davis Cup titles :D

·
Registered
7,766 Posts
I confirm that Switzerland is in for 2008 :rocker2:

Nando_L and eljab will play for Switzerland as well :cool:

:wavey:

·
User from Russia
2,253 Posts

·
Registered
26,145 Posts
Germany has 7 top 50 players and I'm the lowest ranked. :( With so many good options you are not allowed to lose in the first round, TommyB! :armed:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Sorry Ukrainian people, your best tennis player in 2008 plays in Russian DavisCup team

·
User from Russia
2,253 Posts
Ok. Now is "Russia Dreamteam" here:
- Dmitriy
- Nadie
- Mishka Logvi

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
1 - 20 of 72 Posts