Mens Tennis Forums banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,669 Posts
Looks great @BMT360 , I really have no understanding to how a challenger will look with 32 player draw and Monday start with no Q , but otherwise all makes sense !

I guess we change from 28 to 32 direct entrants , and LE pushed to ALT if over 32 and TOP 30 yet below, and if no ALT , LE seeded? seems confusing still.

Spreadsheet will need some more adjusting and thought if this is the path, but maybe I'm overthinking or missing something, been trying to wrap my head around how 48 draw with 2 Q matches will possible happen on REAL events, wait and see I suppose!

·
34,603 Posts
Re: TT Changes 2019

If you notice any errors/problems with the spreadsheets, please contact @keqtqiadv by PM. If possible, send the spreadsheet in which the error occurred to the following e-mail: [email protected]

Modified version of Evita's spreadsheet which calculates scores up to PTS1 (PTS3 if first round) according to the new rules:

.xlsx (links - mediafire)
Small - S & D (.xlsx) - Used for 32 players singles draw, 16 team doubles draws.
Big - Singles BO3 (.xlsx) - Used for Singles for draw sizes larger than 32 and 48 draw challengers.
Big - Singles BO5 (.xlsx) - Used for Singles Grand Slams ONLY
Big - Doubles BO3 (.xlsx) - Used for Doubles 16+ draw sizes and 24 draw challengers
Big - Doubles BO5 (.xlsx) - Used for Doubles Grand Slams ONLY

.ods (links - mediafire)
Small - S & D (.ods) - Used for 32 players singles draw, 16 team doubles draws.
Big - Singles BO3 (.ods) - Used for Singles for draw sizes larger than 32 and 48 draw challengers.
Big - Singles BO5 (.ods) - Used for Singles Grand Slams ONLY
Big - Doubles BO3 (.ods) - Used for Doubles draw sizes larger than 16 and 24 draw challengers
Big - Doubles BO5 (.ods) - Used for Doubles Grand Slams ONLY

**Any of the "Small S & D" spreadsheets can be used for BO3 tournaments when Singles R32 and R16 doubles begins, no matter if it's the first round or not. That sheet will also be used for rounds after that for BO3 only.

Corrections/updates:

01/03/2019 (All)
- Adjusted space removal formula which was sometimes causing PTS miscalculation.

26/11/2018 (All)
  • Best of 5: Corrected PTS Step #4.
  • Adjusted Sets to the winner TB (now counted in case of retirement & at least 1 set completed)
  • Adjusted PTS 1-3 steps #3 & #5 (now counted in case of retirement & at least 1 set completed).
  • Updated instructions on how to input scores in case of retirement.
07/01/2017 (All)
  • Changed color of the column for PTS numbers to yellow - it can be edited if necessary.
  • Left PTS numbers 1-3 filled for the first 3 matches.
  • Added reminder to edit the column for PTS numbers - required if the PTS match(es) is not the first match of the OOP (first 3 matches if first round).
  • Changed color of cells containing comments with instructions (in purple).
22/12/2016 (All)
  • Small: Question "First round" added to the doubles sheet.
  • Added comments with some instructions.
  • Added new TB conditionals (not used).
01/04/2016 (Small)
- Correction: Diffs & SR number

01/22/2016 (All) - tests AO
  • Correction: PTS result in case of a missing pick.
  • Correction: doubles diffs in case of a missing pick - write "no pick" (only applied to doubles sheets).
  • No diffs/PTSs are shown if the match involves a bye/player who failed to send picks.
  • Players who have bye are now listed as winners.
  • Added option to show all Sets to the winner in the results.
  • Added big versions.
If you notice any errors/problems with the spreadsheets, please contact @keqtqiadv by PM. If possible, send the spreadsheet in which the error occurred to the following e-mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
10,070 Posts
Great work!
Thanks guys!

·
Super Moderator
18,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Thanks @BMT360 - I dont have MTF access at work anymore, you saved me a few hours tonight putting this all in place.

For the Challengers, we need to discuss at Board level, but I think a Sunday deadline of 6pm CET would be better than Friday. There may be a transition period for commitments - typically more players play in January and February and then for some reason commitments drop off after IW/Miami - as players learn the new rules, but I'd be more in favor of 32 draws and adding an extra challenger than 48 draws and fewer tournaments - we seem to have more than enough managers again.

·
Super Moderator
18,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
NUMBER #21

PROPOSED RULE: WCs for ATP Main Draws for successful doubles teams at the challenger level
CURRENT RULE: No current rule for challenger WC’s

RESULT: CURRENT RULE STANDS.
PROPOSED: 16
CURRENT: 16
NO OPINION: 5

Current rule stands when it's a TIE? :spit:
why shouldn't you award doubles teams anything? god forbid ppl find a permanent partner and draw all the benefits from such a decision... it's much better to play with a different player every week
Yes when only 16 out of 37 voters vote for a rule, then yes in the case of a tie it doesn't pass and that's more than fair.

In fact, some other rules passed based on old rules just because one more poster voted for proposed rule than current - its actually something for the Board to consider for next year with higher thresholds to pass a new rule, since rule #27 actually passed with less than 50% of the total vote when no opinions are factored in.

·
Super Moderator
18,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
NUMBER #27

If a set is fully played I think we should consider it for “set to the winner”, “TB” or “PTS” purpose... retirement are usually unfair

I AM SO PISSED RIGHT NOW. Wait until week 1 day 1 for the first series of unfair results and players complaining. I am generally open-minded but THIS DOES NOT MAKE SENSE FFS.
Every year after changes are passed, there are complaints. I sometimes wonder if people feel so strongly about a proposed change or the status quo why they don't lobby so passionately for or against it before the final vote is made. As BMT said anyways, anything can be voted down next year again. This particular rule is one I'm afraid we'll never get right for everyone - I agree with you that I was against this change, but the players have spoken, so I'll keep an open mind to see how it goes.

·
Administrator
10,223 Posts
Here is the basis of the rules for Laver Cup next year. Also, the rest of the rules are updated, I think, so we're all set for Tennis Tipping 2019. :bounce:

6.4 Laver Cup

6.4.1 Captaincy
- The captaincies are awarded to the top ranked singles TT player from Europe and the top ranked singles TT player from the Rest of the World according to the rankings two weeks before the start of the Laver Cup.
- If the highest ranked players decline the invite to serve as the captain, it will then be offered to the next highest ranked singles player from that region of the world and so on and so forth.
- The captains can play Laver Cup TT for their team if they choose to do so.
6.4.1.2 Picking Rosters
- The captains are responsible for promoting their teams and putting together a sufficient enough players.
- Rosters cannot consist of more than two players of the same nation.
6.4.1.3 Setting Lineups
- The captain will be aware that anyone can play, but they control who plays each day.
- The night before the following day's play, the captains will send a lineup consisting of 3 singles players and 1 doubles team to the manager. They will keep in mind the following criteria:
- No player can play singles more than twice during the three days.
- At least four different players must play doubles. No doubles combination is played more than once.
- The captains can share the lineups with the opposing captain if they wish, but they are not obligated to do so.
6.4.2 Scoring
- Scoring is based on the actual methods of determining a winner based on the current MTF rules.
- Each match win is worth one point on Friday, two points on Saturday, and three points on Sunday.
- The first team to reach 13 points out of a total 24 points available wins the Laver Cup. If the points are tied at 12:12 at the end of all matches, the winner will be determined on tournament CB (adding the total picks from the entire team over every single match over the course of the tournament).
6.4.3 Commitments
- Anyone can choose to play, but will be aware that there are limited spots because of the nation restriction listed in rule 6.4.1.2.
- As the Laver Cup is an exhibition, players can play this and a regular TT event in the same week.
- No ranking points will be awarded.
6.4.4 Manager
- The manager will be responsible for posting differences, results, and the total tally of points achieved by each of the teams.
- Matchups are based on the lineups that get sent by the captains the night before the following day's play.
- If lineups are not forwarded at all, the manager can create matchups themselves.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts