Mens Tennis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Cocaine ... hell of a drug ... but it won't make your dream come true :) Tsonga can win but it won't be 3 sets.

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
I look forward to returning to this thread in a few days.

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
Cilic played with better form than Tsonga so I doubt it.

Also Djoko may have woken up after those disgusting mental lapses.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Tsonga can't play on Cliic's level so no he will lose
Nole's draw reads like a minefield though. Tsonga, Raonic, Berdych ... I mean I wouldn't be surprised if Nole does not reach the final but god I hope he does.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Good thread.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Nole's draw reads like a minefield though. Tsonga, Raonic, Berdych ... I mean I wouldn't be surprised if Nole does not reach the final but god I hope he does.
Are you jinxing by any means, If any of the players you have mentioned can take Nole out, the closest it can come to is Berdych. Raonic is improving, he cannot win 3 sets of Novak just yet. The highest chances for anyone to beat Novak before semi's is Roger, but he has been so bad on return games. Novak to the final!:yeah:

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Are you jinxing by any means, If any of the players you have mentioned can take Nole out, the closest it can come to is Berdych. Raonic is improving, he cannot win 3 sets of Novak just yet. The highest chances for anyone to beat Novak before semi's is Roger, but he has been so bad on return games. Novak to the final!:yeah:
I am worried. Tsonga had Nole in trouble on this surface before. Raonic had him in trouble on clay two weeks ago. Berdych and Fed could be dangerous. If he has a bad day, he could go out. It's not like he cruised to today's win. Cilic almost made it close

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
I am worried. Tsonga had Nole in trouble on this surface before. Raonic had him in trouble on clay two weeks ago. Berdych and Fed could be dangerous. If he has a bad day, he could go out. It's not like he cruised to today's win. Cilic almost made it close
Tsonga - With that interview, We can almost sense, he has no confidence to beat Nole whatsoever.

Raonic - He just took a set in BO3 and struggles against Giles yesterday. He cannot beat Novak.

Cilic - It was a close match to go to the fifth, not overall. Cilic did not make it close, Novak did. 4-0 to 4-4 :facpalm:

Only the bolded part remains. But I think Novak can get past them, unless he sleeps through all the sets.

·
Super Moderator
62,003 Posts
Tsonga - With that interview, We can almost sense, he has no confidence to beat Nole whatsoever.

Raonic - He just took a set in BO3 and struggles against Giles yesterday. He cannot beat Novak.

Cilic - It was a close match to go to the fifth, not overall. Cilic did not make it close, Novak did. 4-0 to 4-4 :facpalm:

Only the bolded part remains. But I think Novak can get past them, unless he sleeps through all the sets.
Techically he only has to sleep in 60% of them ;)

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Cilic played with better form than Tsonga so I doubt it.

Also Djoko may have woken up after those disgusting mental lapses.
Lets not get desperate here....Djoko will surely advance. You can rest at peace.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Even though Nole played way, way below his best against Cilic, at no time was I worried that he was in danger of losing the match. A set, or even two sets, sure, but losing in 5? The thought never even crossed my mind. In a best of 5 set format, it's very, very difficult to beat the top guys, even when they're below their best. If this was best of 3, Cilic might have won, but best of 5? Forget it.

Now, Tsonga can beat Nole, but I doubt he will. I don't know if Nole will drop a set or two, but I'm confident he'll beat Tsonga, especially because they're playing on clay, which is Tsonga's worst surface. Nole is simply a much better athlete than Tsonga, which is particularly important of slower surface like clay, where points are longer and physical stamina/athleticism becomes a prime factor, especially in a best of 5 set format.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.