Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Your visions will happen
51,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to ESPN

This is pretty wild, imo. To be in the gym doing these heavy compound exercises literally the morning of a 5 set match? Granted ESPN said he was only using 150 pounds, only 3/4 of his body weight, and who knows how many sets and reps he was doing, but still, doing those exercises before playing 5 sets is a bit much.

Maybe that is why he dropped 2 sets in the middle? Maybe felt a little fatigue? And then the 5th set was all adrenaline I'm sure. He's certainly gonna feel it tomorrow! :p

Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
With all the injuries Tsonga has picked up in the course of his career, he should know better than to do such stupid stuff before a match. I don't like Wawrinka, but I hope he beats that clown.

·
Registered
943 Posts
With all the injuries Tsonga has picked up in the course of his career, he should know better than to do such stupid stuff before a match. I don't like Wawrinka, but I hope he beats that clown.
Same.

This run is eerily similar to Cilic's (even though Tsonga hasn't won yet), and we all know why Cilic was out a few months before the USO.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
If true, he is stupid.

You shouldn't be doing anything besides stretching exercises before a best of five match. Anything more will fatigue the muscle tissue, and increase the likelihood of injury.

Today's SPARTANS have "evolved" compared to players just 15 years ago, so who knows. ;)

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Maybe he is doing a P90X run to get in shape during the tournament?

·
Registered
22,481 Posts
Only in weightlifting, baseball and tennis.

·
Registered
60,779 Posts
That is very not a good idea. Guess he felt like he needed to spend a little nervous energy

·
Registered
124 Posts
Gotta keep that ass looking good :drool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts