Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jo-Wilfred Tsonga added life to his ATP World Tour Finals campaign with an impressive 7-6 6-1 victory over Mardy Fish at the O2 Arena. The two players went into their Group B tie on the back on respective opening match losses, both needing a victory if they had any chance of progressing to the semi-finals, guaranteeing some exciting Live tennis.

FrenchmanTsonga edged a tight first set, coming out on top 7-4 in the tie-break against the only American in the season-ending tournament. The second set was a different story however, with the powerful Tsonga completely overwhelming his opponent, wrapping up the tie in just under an hour-and-a-half.

The 26-year old will now go into his final group tie, against Rafa Nadal, knowing victory would see him join defending champion Roger Federer in the semi-finals. Fish, on the other hand, will go into his final Group B match, against Federer, without any chance of progressing to the next stage. This should create some interesting Tennis betting offers.

Tsonga was delighted to have bounced back from a disappointing opening match defeat to the Swiss star, insisting he will now go into the Nadal clash without any pressure on his shoulders. The Frenchman was adamant he hadn’t been at his best yet in this tournament, making it clear he was looking to impress in his next match.

“Today was the opportunity to win here for the first time, so I'm really happy," he said afterwards.”

“I just played really good tennis. Maybe I will have the chance to qualify for the semis. I will play the next round without pressure.”

“I promise you, I will play better in the next round.”

1 - 1 of 1 Posts