Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think of this match at the AO?

·
Registered
39 Posts
As a seeded player Murray would have wished to have an easier opponent, especially considering Tsonga will make good strides this season

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
Tough match, looks like Murray could be heading for an early exit if Tsonga is on form.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Tsonga is one of the best players Muzza could've faced before the QF. If Muzza beats him - which I expect - I see him going very far here. Won't be an easy match, though.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Why is Tsonga a tough opponent for Murray? Tsonga's game matches up so badly against Murray's. Even in Metz (ice rink) Murray defeated Tsonga easily.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Allez JW!

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
Sadly I think Murray will win pretty easily - he has too much skill for Tsonga, who is strong and powerful, but doesn't think too much on court from what I have seen of him. I will still be cheering for Tsonga though - if only to shut our commentators up :devil:

·
Registered
911 Posts
Sadly I think Murray will win pretty easily - he has too much skill for Tsonga, who is strong and powerful, but doesn't think too much on court from what I have seen of him. I will still be cheering for Tsonga though - if only to shut our commentators up :devil:
I agree Murray should win this, but I don't agree it will be easy. Am British myself, and will be cheering for Tsonga. I love to watch Tsonga's tenacity. I would love to see the British commentators, Greg Rudeski and British Press silenced. :mad:

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
I agree Murray should win this, but I don't agree it will be easy. Am British myself, and will be cheering for Tsonga. I love to watch Tsonga's tenacity. I would love to see the British commentators, Greg Rudeski and British Press silenced. :mad:
Sadly they won't be for long :rolleyes: Even if Murray should lose, they will just trot out some lame excuses, and spend the rest of the tournament talking about him and spouting their ridiculous "Murray is better than Federer" comments :devil:

·
Registered
911 Posts
Sadly they won't be for long :rolleyes: Even if Murray should lose, they will just trot out some lame excuses, and spend the rest of the tournament talking about him and spouting their ridiculous "Murray is better than Federer" comments :devil:
Really sad actually, because Murray is really an awesome talent. He still has much to prove, and is certainly a Top 10 player. Personally I have nothing against him and enjoy watching him play. It is just the media hype surrounding him at the moment that gets to me.

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
Really sad actually, because Murray is really an awesome talent. He still has much to prove, and is certainly a Top 10 player. Personally I have nothing against him and enjoy watching him play. It is just the media hype surrounding him at the moment that gets to me.
I agree with you that Murray is an awesome talent, and I really think he could win Wimbledon one day. As a personality I must admit I can't stand him - too much whining/whingeing/swearing/throwing tantrums - just not my type of character at all :rolleyes: But that doesn't take away from his playing talent. Just wish the commentators would shut up and let his tennis do the talking.

·
Registered
23,711 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I really think Murray will win easily..He has good returns to Tsonga's serve and his game is much better that Tsonga's..

1 - 20 of 50 Posts