Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 469 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
That was incredible, I can't believe it :tape: Nadal didn't just lose, he got slaghtered. :help: Respect to Tsonga, but I'm not happy about it.

Whether I want him to win the tournament or not depends entirely on who he's playing. If it's Federer, I want him to win, if it's Djokovic, then he's going down!!!

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
Hell yes Jo :D Made my year.

·
Registered
770 Posts
That match went exactly the way I expected it to.

Tsonga is was full speed ahead. Rafa did as well as ANYONE would have done against that. Jo would have beaten just about anyone playing that way. That's how he got this far to start with. Just ask Murray, Gasquet, and Youzhny. As it seems to happen every year now at the AO, it's just his time. All the little things in the match pointed to that, especially those lucky net cords. And it seemed at a certain point that Rafa knew that and made peace with it. Never any shame in losing to a player like that. Congrats to him.

And Congrats to Rafa. He didn't play badly, at least not until the end. Very few errors. It just wasn't meant to be. And he made his first ever Hard Court GS SF. Nothing can take that away from him. He's had his best ever start to a season. I really hope it continues.

Good luck to whoever plays Tsonga in the Final. If he plays like that, or anything close, they're gonna need it.

However, we'll see if Tsonga breaks the trend of the AO breakout player who goes on to lose in the Final, does next to nothing the rest of the season, and can't follow it up at the AO the following year.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
I was going to sleep but decided to watch the whole match. Tsonga was amazing. His angle drop shots :worship:. He used to be all over the place with his shots but has improved tremendously. I am impressed with how he was facing break point but held his composure and served to win the game. He DEMOLISHED Rafa today. All Nadal could do was hit moonballs hoping to for Tsonga to make the mistake but Jo just smashed the ball for the winner. :lol: So let's see...Fed reached SF and Rafa didn't win AO. ;)

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Re: Tsonga Def. Nadal 6-2 6-3 6-2

"BRILLIANT PERFORMANCE FROM TSONGA. HE OUTPLAYED NADAL FROM START TO FINISH. THE SPANIARD HAD NO ANSWER, AND GOT PUMMELLED OUT OF THE MATCH WITH FOREHANDS WINNERS, TANTALISING DROP SHOPS, AND JUST SUPERB SHOT SELECTIONS. AT ONE POINT, THE BRITISH EUROSPORT COMMENTATORS SAID HE WAS MISSING BECAUSE HE HAD TOO MUCH SHOT SELECTION. THEY HERALDED HIM AS "THE NEXT GENERATION". ENOUGH SAID!"

Doesnt that remind you of someone who also had too much shot selections (roger)...
no, that reminds me of gonzalez 07 and baghdatis 06. aussie open are crazy, we should know that by now.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Congrats to Tsonga, not really surprised considering how he has been playing.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Winner of Roger/Djoko will be the winner of AO, simple

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
HELLl, YEAH!!!!!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
:woohoo: :worship: Tsonga :worship: :woohoo:

:lol: :haha: Rafa-TARDS :haha: :lol:​

Reactions: *Ljubica*

·
Registered
309 Posts
Re: Tsonga Def. Nadal 6-2 6-3 6-2

I hope you dont mind me using caps, but I just wanna hammer home what the Eurosport commentators have been screaming for the last week:

"TSONGA IS THE NEXT BIG THING!"

Now, only fed stands in his way of a Grand Slams

Your thoughts guys!!!

May I add;

"BRILLIANT PERFORMANCE FROM TSONGA. HE OUTPLAYED NADAL FROM START TO FINISH. THE SPANIARD HAD NO ANSWER, AND GOT PUMMELLED OUT OF THE MATCH WITH FOREHANDS WINNERS, TANTALISING DROP SHOPS, AND JUST SUPERB SHOT SELECTIONS. AT ONE POINT, THE BRITISH EUROSPORT COMMENTATORS SAID HE WAS MISSING BECAUSE HE HAD TOO MUCH SHOT SELECTION. THEY HERALDED HIM AS "THE NEXT GENERATION". ENOUGH SAID!"

Doesnt that remind you of someone who also had too much shot selections (roger)...
Remeber rafa plays the ball slow he does not hit the ball throgh the court and he does not slce nor come to net. Roger does all the things i just said backed up by a big serve. Like someone else said before do not ejaculate early. He still has a man who has won 12 slams between him my freind

·
Registered
7,766 Posts
just :worship:

·
Registered
345 Posts
TSONGA IS INSANE .... :worship::worship::worship::worship: ...

Congrats for this marvelous win ... :worship::worship::worship::worship:

21 - 40 of 469 Posts