Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty dreadful end to the match. Mathieu just hit error after error after error. Still, good win fro Tsonga and a chance to play Nadal again. Certainly he is not in his AO form but I'm sure he will get his chances none the less.

Mathieu was tactically poor and when it mattered he couldn't find his game. Awful decision to try and hit a volley headed for the tramline on SP in the first set.

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Diabolical display from Paulo....lost the first set because he hit a ball that was going out. 2nd set he was making ridiculous errors on his forehand time and time again, and the game he played to lose the match was one of the worst you'll see.

Tsonga's serving was ridiculously good, about the only thing you can say about the match.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Well done Tsonga!!! The next one with Nadal should hopefully be a classic.:D

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I apologize to PHM fans (I like this guy as well), but he is absolutely :retard:

He lost 1st set by hitting a volley, which was travelling between tramlines, into the net.
He lost the match by making error after error, when Tsonga was just looping the ball back for almost the whole game. Usual stuff though. Will PHM ever get rid of choking?! Terrible :help:

Good luck, Baby Ali, in the next round :yeah:

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Wow. Yet another Unforced Error Fest, this time PHM being the main culprit. 12 winners vs. 40 errors... :help:

Tsonga wasn't at his best either, also a lot of mistakes - but pulled out a deserved win in the end. :rocker2:

Pfah, I'm not looking forward to the Tsonga vs. Rafa match. :tape:

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Good for Tsonga to live up to his AO success. Interesting match against Rafa, I don't know who will win, but I don't expect Jo to play as well as during their last meeting. :)

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
Pretty dreadful end to the match. Mathieu just hit error after error after error. Still, good win fro Tsonga and a chance to play Nadal again. Certainly he is not in his AO form but I'm sure he will get his chances none the less.

Mathieu was tactically poor and when it mattered he couldn't find his game. Awful decision to try and hit a volley headed for the tramline on SP in the first set.
That volley on set point was :retard:

Good serving from Tsonga.

(shut up, Jordan)

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Tsonga had amazing high percent of first serves given speeds of these serves :yeah:
15 aces, 81% first serve points won... pretty impressive indeed.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Tsonga lost only one point on his serve in the second set.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
What to say , PHM just gave this one to Jo. On the other hand Jo was impressive on his serve especially in second set, but he didn't make any significant damage on PHM serve. PHM did it to himself. Thats what I call a negative value clutch play.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Good to see a rematch bewteen Tsonga and Nadal is gonna happen. Should be the match of Round 4.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts