Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many said he couldnt do it, but he's just taken out two seeds. This guy doesnt deserve to be 38th in the world. He's worth way much much much more than that.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Re: Tsonga def. Gasquet 6-2 6-7 7-6 6-3

He was definitely the better player today. Should have won it in straight sets.

·
Registered
20,212 Posts

:bounce:

I'd like to see Tsonga as a successor of Yannick Noah. He has all the skills to be a Grand Slam champion and Top 5 player.

·
Premium Member
25,459 Posts

Baby Ali, you legend :rocker2: What a performance this kid is showing at AO. I was surprised to see Gasquet go down so meekly to his friend in the last set. I guess we know who wears the pants in that relationship. :p

·
Registered
4,922 Posts

two moonballers out, one more to go!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts

Very solid from Tsonga vs an average Gasquet at best. There'd be so much to say about Richard's tactic on important points.

Congrats Jo, I'm pleased to see him that fit.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts

Sad news for Gasquet, he was fortunate to win the 2nd set. Tsonga is VERY impressive.

·
Registered
9,484 Posts

Good riddance.

I was one of those who were waiting for gasquet to develop into the next best thing, but the truth is that other than the nice technique on the backhand is game is all flaws, as his mentality.

Why the hell does he pay for a coach if the best he can think of is standing 1Km behind the baseline and hit forehand moonballs? Not spectacular at all and until that is corrected he has no business playing in the later stages of the Slams.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts

Tsonga played very well. He wanted to win. Gasquet played some silly defense. I always expect so much from both Murray and Gasquet and they never fail to disappoint me. Oh well. Tsonga is the man.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts

Good stuff from Tsonga...

Ok from Gasquet. Of course fitness was an issue for Gasquet at the end, but I like that Tsonga kept with his game plan and was able to win with only one or two lapses of concentration.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts

Good riddance.

I was one of those who were waiting for gasquet to develop into the next best thing, but the truth is that other than the nice technique on the backhand is game is all flaws, as his mentality.

Why the hell does he pay for a coach if the best he can think of is standing 1Km behind the baseline and hit forehand moonballs? Not spectacular at all and until that is corrected he has no business playing in the later stages of the Slams.
such a pity that the next generation of superstars in tennis are all moonballers / grinders.

nadal, gasquet, murray, djokovic.:eek: yuck!

1 - 20 of 94 Posts