Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Live tennis:

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga says he is targeting this summer’s AEGON Championships in June as the perfect opportunity to further his career.

The Frenchman made the final at Queens last summer, thrilling the crowds with his huge array of shots and exuberant celebrations before going down to Andy Murray in a superb three set Monday final.

He has now announced his plans to return to the tournament in London as he looks for the perfect preparation for Wimbledon a few weeks after. Tsonga’s fine performance at Queens seemed to spark his season as he went on to reach the semi-finals at SW19 before reaching the final at the end of season ATP World Tour Finals in London.

“I had an incredible year in 2011, and it all started there (at the AEGON Championships),” said Tsonga. “For me it is really nice, the organizers are very friendly with me, I like the crowd, and it was a really good atmosphere in the final.”

Tsonga has long been tipped as a possible future Wimbledon champion due to his almost unique serve and volley style. The serve volley game appears to have gone out of the sport, with coaches preferring to teach their pupils to play from the back of the court.

However, the Frenchman says there is no way he’ll be changing his style and that when he steps onto the grass courts in the summer, he will not fear anyone.
“I know that I can beat everybody on grass, so why not?” he said. “I know on grass that I am a good player. I go to the net and I serve well.”

Those looking to capitalise on tennis betting offers are advised to keep track of these developments.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts