Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, is this a shot at US Open tournament staff for being cheap by putting players in a below-average hotel?

BTW, the article mentioned Rome bubble is in the luxurious Waldorf Astoria, just FYI. So that begs that question, which hotels did US Open put the players in?

·
Premium Member
20,653 Posts
Spoiled brats. They have so much more than most of the world, and they still find something to bitch about.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,556 Posts
Spoiled brats. They have so much more than most of the world, and they still find something to bitch about.
actually a little hard for me to say for sure whether that's bitching or just a simple subjective opinion. It doesn't take a connoisseur to differentiate between different hotel/accommodation experiences.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Could you include the exact quote? Sounds like you're putting your own spin on it. I saw a quote from Tsi on Twitter regarding this but I can't find it now. Basically Tsi said that the US Open bubble was more strict than the situation in Rome. He didn't say if that was good or bad.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Please post the article or source for this.

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
To ruins if there's no source article
There are few sentences at the end of the article.

c/p

Like at the US Open, players are being kept in a protective “bubble” and being tested frequently for the coronavirus. But as opposed to the situation in New York, players are not required to wear masks when they enter and leave the court.

“All of the players have been tested, so that makes total sense,” sixth-ranked Stefanos Tsitsipas said. “And they don’t have people running around telling you what do and what protocol you have to follow every single minute that you’re in the bubble.

“Plus,” Tsitsipas added, “the accommodation is another level.”

Men’s players are staying at the five-star Rome Cavalieri, which overlooks the city center from a hilltop.

·
Registered
176 Posts
“All of the players have been tested, so that makes total sense,” sixth-ranked Stefanos Tsitsipas said. “And they don’t have people running around telling you what do and what protocol you have to follow every single minute that you’re in the bubble.

“Plus,” Tsitsipas added, “the accommodation is another level.”
OK, I hadn't read that quote until now. I have to admit, it does sound like he's dissing US Open COVID precautions. That's really disappointing. Is he so bitter about his Coric loss that he just sees the entire US Open in a negative light or what?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I see Rome really is another level... I'm watching the Fritz match now and one of the ball girls is scampering around with her mask around her chin. Ha.

·
Registered
793 Posts
OK, I hadn't read that quote until now. I have to admit, it does sound like he's dissing US Open COVID precautions. That's really disappointing. Is he so bitter about his Coric loss that he just sees the entire US Open in a negative light or what?
Are his comments such a big deal, though? He got a bit annoyed being checked-up every minute at the USO and appreciates the great hotel in Rome. Sounds nothing but human to me. Don't think it has much to do with his loss against Coric.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
As long as he isn’t running around Rome & Paris like he was in NY & stays focused on the prize, got no problem w/ his sentiments.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts