Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The biggest rivalry of the next gen by far... Tsitsipas comments on his rival's underarm serve match point down:

This rivalry will be fun to follow this decade!

·
Registered
22,889 Posts
That doesn't even make sense and the way he looks and smiles like he just made an epic comment is so cringey

''So true'' :poop:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I agree some of his sudden pause comments are a bit weird. But it is interesting that he said he sort of felt it coming given the subtle change in Medvedev's stance.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yeah a bit weird. I wonder if it's an English issue? It sounded like he was expecting laughs or something. My sense is that he thinks underarm serves are stupid and thought "milennial" was some kind of synonym for "dumb" or maybe at least "(stupidly) trending"...

·
Registered
371 Posts
Wtf does that even mean? If he's talking about doing stupid shit that sounds much more characteristic of Gen Z.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Yeah a bit weird. I wonder if it's an English issue? It sounded like he was expecting laughs or something. My sense is that he thinks underarm serves are stupid and thought "milennial" was some kind of synonym for "dumb" or maybe at least "(stupidly) trending"...
Why is it an English issue? It means precisely that the underarm serve is a foolish (=millennial) thing to do that nobody would have ever done 10-15y ago. Ofc jokes' on him since he is ever so close to be a millennial himself.

Wtf does that even mean? If he's talking about doing stupid shit that sounds much more characteristic of Gen Z.
That's the joke.

·
Registered
21,371 Posts
It's funny because I think the big 3 are technically millennials and he and Med are gen Z.

·
Administrator | Wikidrawbot
9,825 Posts
You can attest him a shit humour, but that ‘so true’ part made it cringe even. In other words a typical Tsitsipas interview

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
We saw what he did to sneaky Med's serve on MP so it was a stupid question. Liked his answer to Zverev question; Cool as u like.

·
Premium Member
9,794 Posts
That doesn't even make sense and the way he looks and smiles like he just made an epic comment is so cringey

''So true'' :poop:
Could be that he simply got the name of generation wrong (as some here also opined), intending to mean Gen Z, or used a wrong term to describe roughly the Next Gen of the ATP / "youngsters", as these are the guys who have seemed to favor the shot mostly in recent times (Bublik; ADF; Musetti; Medvedev; Gyros). Could also be that it's a joke based on an (oddly) keen eyed observation of Medvedev's birth year (1996, considered the last birth year of the Millennials). Basically joking sth like "Medvedev going with that Millennial mindset there... I/we (born in 1998/Gen Z) would never. LEL."

·
Registered
538 Posts
You have to admit, playing a low % risky shot on mp down is just dumb,

Different story if it was a high % surprise shot like a serve and volley on mp down

·
Registered
26,862 Posts
The big3 are all millennial.
Federer?!

I actually disagree than millennials start at late 1980th. I think they start at 1991. And it is a funny joke. Millennials say they can do whatever they feel like doing. Underarm service fits perfectly.

·
Premium Member
9,794 Posts
Federer?!

I actually disagree than millennials start at late 1980th. I think they start at 1991. And it is a funny joke. Millennials say they can do whatever they feel like doing. Underarm service fits perfectly.
Federer as well

·
Registered
22,889 Posts
Could be that he simply got the name of generation wrong (as some here also opined), intending to mean Gen Z, or used a wrong term to describe roughly the Next Gen of the ATP / "youngsters", as these are the guys who have seemed to favor the shot mostly in recent times (Bublik; ADF; Musetti; Medvedev; Gyros). Could also be that it's a joke based on an (oddly) astute observation of Medvedev's birth year (1996, considered the last birth year of the Millennials). Basically joking sth like "Medvedev going with that Millennial mindset there... I/we (born in 1998/Gen Z) would never. LEL."
I'll admit that if it was a jab at Medvedev's birth year then it's a really clever joke. Although generally it's indeed a Gen Z move as well as a borderline Milennial move (Also a SO to the OG Gen Xer Michael Chang). He'll have to work on his delivery though lol

1 - 20 of 48 Posts