Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
22,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This wasn’t funny at all, she essentially proved his point that his parents get way too involved in tennis. What I saw here is basically a mother piggybacking on her’s son fame to get attention. Pitiful stuff really. She’s a joke. Poor Tsitsipas, now I understand him more with such a toxic mother. Props to Tsitsipas for handling such an awkward situation well and shame on the mother for putting him in that position in the first place

·
Your visions will happen
51,258 Posts
Just needs to leave him the fuck alone

We see this happen in all sports. The parents devote their entire life to the kid to be successful, and when he is more than ready to go, one or both parent cannot detach.

It's way too much, it's a joke, let him be. Live your own life mom, he's 20something stud rich and flying around the world and winning and fucking bitches, get the fuck out of here

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Murray did alright

·
Banned
21,055 Posts
It was pretty funny although you can see she gets involved too much probably and he should be in charge of the dynamics.

But it wasn't awkward like some people say. People will call just about anything awkward these days.

Reactions: Ilkae and Aardvark2

·
Banned
21,055 Posts
At first I didnt know the context of this and so it seemed more harmless to me

·
Moderator | PreviewBot
12,988 Posts
Weeeeeiiiird

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
i thought this was a sweet and playful moment from a loving mom. not sure why anyone would get so angry and riled up about it.

as far as male, gs, & top 5, gloria connors comes to mind.

·
Registered
863 Posts
This wasn't awkward.

He'll divest from his parents eventually (when it comes to his career). What that looks like, I'm not sure. I can't see him getting rid of his Dad as his coach, for instance.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Cringe.
Stefanos looked quite embarrassed which is what parents are supposed to do... just not at work!

Also, the Murrays say hi.

·
justice for all
17,942 Posts
Stefanos is a good kid and he reacted really well in this situation.
But his mother ?‍♂ she's so cringe.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I just hope this isn't the typical scenario in which the parents see their successful son/daughter as their retirement plan.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Worst thing a man can have is an overbearing mother (I know from experience).

In old times the father would demand the mother stand back as the boy reaches manhood. The umbilical cord must be cut

I am 31 and my mum still bothers me. I had to even change my number so she can't call!

In order for Stefanos to be a Greek warrior he must tell his mother to stay home. Otherwise he will be another wimp like Andy Murray.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts