Mens Tennis Forums banner

TRUTH & RUMORS: Real lining up Rafa bid?

697 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  TheBoiledEgg 
#1 · (Edited)
:lol:

Laugh's on me. I saw this headline on the SI.com "Other Sports" page: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/more/ (it changes often so the link may not be the same). Young Rafa Nadal has his picture there...and I know football/soccer runs in his family so I took the bait.

Here's the real tidbit, all puns intended:

Crisis club Real Madrid is lining up a stunning swoop for Rafael Benitez in a bid to rescue their season. It means that Luxemburgo's head could be on the block if Real lose to Athletic Bilbao on Thursday or at Alaves this weekend.
-- The Mirror
:shrug:

Actually, it's not all that uncommon here in US for one sport to draft a "star" of another sport just in case they get a strange notion to try something different. I'll have to go digging for a few examples (and I'm sure y'all know some too).

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Rafa being linked with the current Real is an insult those lazy bunch of bastards

#7 ·
Angle Queen said:
Actually, it's not all that uncommon here in US for one sport to draft a "star" of another sport just in case they get a strange notion to try something different. I'll have to go digging for a few examples (and I'm sure y'all know some too).
I don't understand the rest of the post, really, but maybe Deion Sanders is a good example? He's the only person to have ever been in a Superbowl and a World Series.

#8 ·
I don't understand the rest of the post, really, but maybe Deion Sanders is a good example? He's the only person to have ever been in a Superbowl and a World Series.
Yes but he was actually good at both sports:). There are dozens of players who play int he NFL who were drafted by MLB and some players in the NBA who were drafted by MLB right out of high school .

#9 ·
NYCtennisfan said:
Yes but he was actually good at both sports:).
He wasn't as good at baseball as he was at football. (American football for you non-Americans.)

Anyway, she didn't say they had to be BAD at one, did she? :p I was merely stating the most notable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.