Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ljuba Truba (the player). :worship:
Gonza Truba :worship:

Based on results in the last couple of weeks, many other Shanghai hopefuls deserve to also be addressed as a Truba. :eek: So, on a crucial day for a few of them, who will crap their pants first? :devil: Time to lay (or back, if you're brave) your favourite Truba! :rocker:

WTD: 1-0 (+0,79 units [+157.6% ROI]).

Monaco over Nieminen @ 2.58 (0,75 units)
Gabashvili over Mahut @ 2.96 (0,50 units)

Analysis: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?p=6197269

Good luck! :yeah:

...possibly one of two bets for R2, depending on what is scheduled.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I'm thinking of Fish (waiting for market on betfair), Seppi, Tipsarevic and Youzhny for tomorrow..Also Melzer+nieminen is looking like a fine combo for me..
I think Monaco's year is over..He was decent on the slower Madrid courts but here I fancy in form Nieminen. Monaco was terrible in Stockholm and Lyon, while Nieminen is on fire. Sure the Finnish player has had a tough, long week but this gave him a lot of confidence. It's the last tournament and it's a big one...Finnish wil finish in style :)

·
Registered
32,173 Posts
Thinking of a Santoro x Melzer x Boredo x Pics parlay.And may even add Birdshit into it,can't believe Ancic is actually the favourite at the moment :eek: :spit: Misha also looks like a good value but he's a headcase,won't get involved in that :wavey:

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
Nieminen x Santoro x Melzer x Ivo @ 3.59

Good luck to all in here this week :hatoff:

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Pending: Monaco @ 2.4

Santoro x Melzer @ 1.47
Funny combo here. Seriously, losing to Montanes and especially Volandri on this surface wold be a crying shame for those guys. Santoro can still produce some flawless tennis at 35, he beat Roddick last week and the crowd will be cheering for him. Plus he beat Montanes at US Open 2 months ago in 4 sets. Melzer hasn't had the most impressive results lately, losing to Ginepri after being a set and a break up and losing last 6 tie-breaks he's played, but come on, his opponent is Volandri and that says it all.

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
Tipsarevic v Haas

There are rumours that Haas Truba has been carrying a shoulder injury lately and recent results would suggest that something isn't right with him. Straight sets losses to Ivo(no tiebreaks) and Monaco in his last 2 outings make for poor reading. Tipsarevic has shown some decent form indoors this year running Murray close in Metz and beating him on his run to the semi-finals in Moscow. He's a better player than his current rank of 64 suggests and would surely be higher if he hadn't suffered an injury just after his impressive grass court season. He's coming into this one match-sharp with 3 wins in 3 days while Haas could be a bit rusty. It's worth a small play at big odds.

Tipsarevic - 3.4 (2 units)

Ferrer - Fish

Ferrer is priced too short here. First of all he's never been anything special with a roof over his head and has a losing career record on indoor hard and carpet (22-32 combined, pretty shocking for a guy ranked 6 in the world, much worse than Roddick on clay for example). Secondly I think there's a good chance he's lost some motivation since securing his Shanghai place and his defeat in Madrid to Lopez (losing the first set from 5-2 up) was pretty weak. Ferrer's whole game is based on 100% effort and commitment and if that drops even slightly his level of play can drop massively.
Fish has been posting some insane serving stats lately and has nailed 60 aces in his last 2 matches. Even a great returner like Ferrer could struggle to break him if he can maintain this sort of serving while you're always likely to get a few looks at the Spaniard's serve. Conventional wisdom would suggest this should be a good match-up for Ferrer but Fish leads the head to head 3-2 and should be confident here having won as a big dog in the Australian Open in conditions that should have suited Ferrer better than him. Another smallish stakes value play here for me.

Fish - 2.75 (2.5 units)

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
Santoro x Melzer @ 1.47
Funny combo here. Seriously, losing to Montanes and especially Volandri on this surface wold be a crying shame for those guys. Santoro can still produce some flawless tennis at 35, he beat Roddick last week and the crowd will be cheering for him. Plus he beat Montanes at US Open 2 months ago in 4 sets. Melzer hasn't had the most impressive results lately, losing to Ginepri after being a set and a break up and losing last 6 tie-breaks he's played, but come on, his opponent is Volandri and that says it all.
Feel like a bit of a mug playing the nutcase Melzer at this price but I've tailed you here. Looks pretty solid.

Considering Youzhny over Gonzo too but haven't quite made my mind up yet...

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Mahut over Gaba and Robredo over Simon anyone ?

Gaba is a real headcase . He always plays decent in the qualif but tends to choke a lot .

Robredo 1 point behind Haas in the ATP race .

·
Registered
20,755 Posts
Really confident play on Grosjean, these courts are definitely slower than usual and from what ive seen a lot of points are won through rallys and not massive serving, tsonga relies on his power game which didn't work for him a few days ago against grosjean and i can't see it working for him here either, i think 1.7 on grosjean is a great price.

Also gone for the solid melzer x santoro double @ 1.45
Going to play Monaco at 2.2 aswell.

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Has Santoro recovered from the leg injury that hampered his progress last week?

you have to log in now to see posts?

wtf?

on a side note, fade Haas
I think it is a good move...makes it easier to monitor lurkers and those that think they can deliberately cause trouble and then disappear for a little while.

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow, Youzhny was 2.40 last night...now come in to 2.12! :eek: Would have taken him at the higher odds, so it looks like I'll leave that one. :(

·
Registered
32,173 Posts
Let's play...
Santoro x Melzer x Boredo x Pics Ferrer x Birdshit @6.06

If Santoro and Melzer are fit I can't see them losing to those gimps,Boredo despite losing in the last 2 matches isnt playing so bad,Simon is a kind of player which Boredo should like,Pics shouldnt lose to that Fish clown again,and Birdshit in Paris will be too strong for Ancic who is definitely overrated at this odds,he didnt play anything special,and Birdshit showed signs of form last week.

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Check this out, Davy throwing a game, what a prick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wLtfNlsoCk
Didn't see the match, so others who did are better placed to comment. But if you're going to hand out a warning for "lack of best effort" there has to be compelling evidence to do this...just because he double-faulted 10 times in 2 sets doesn't mean he deliberately threw the match (this was an audible reason for giving the warning...not sure if there were any others)...he could have had some sort of problem. :shrug:

As has been mentioned elsewhere, the guy is being made a scapegoat for everything now. Innocent until proven guilty (if the case will ever reach a conclusion).

1 - 20 of 96 Posts