Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toickis ban period is coming to an end soon. He might be fresher than ever before in contrast to those exhausted players on the ATP. My forecast -> Top 20 by the end of this year. Discuss :)

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Back to what? Being a choker?

·
Registered
21,230 Posts
No evidence of that. Troicki just refused to give a blood test. He was banned for that reason.

To everyone. Doping allegations will be dealt harshly if mentioned again in this thread.
:eek:

And why do you think he was banned for that reason?

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
Toickis ban period is coming to an end soon. He might be fresher than ever before in contrast to those exhausted players on the ATP. My forecast -> Top 20 by the end of this year. Discuss :)
How is he going to be top 20 by the end of this year if he will have almost no ranking (just last year's second round at Umag will remain at his ranking) and no protected ranking?

With just 20 points, he will be out of the top 800. He may get a WC at Umag, but besides that we won't see him at ATP level this season. I guess that he will attack the challenger circuit, especially the Asian hardcourt ones that give good points and have poorer draws. Of course that he will need to go through the qualifying draws at challenger level as well, so this will be tough for him physically.

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
No evidence of that. Troicki just refused to give a blood test. He was banned for that reason.

To everyone. Doping allegations will be dealt harshly if mentioned again in this thread.
I know little about the case but if the officials set him a time or came to his door and he refused its pretty damming isn't it?

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
When is the ban ending? and What tourney will he join the tour?

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Andre♥;22487162 said:
How is he going to be top 20 by the end of this year if he will have almost no ranking (just last year's second round at Umag will remain at his ranking) and no protected ranking?

With just 20 points, he will be out of the top 800. He may get a WC at Umag, but besides that we won't see him at ATP level this season. I guess that he will attack the challenger circuit, especially the Asian hardcourt ones that give good points and have poorer draws. Of course that he will need to go through the qualifying draws at challenger level as well, so this will be tough for him physically.
Don´t think he will get just WC to Umag, there are more than 1 250s tournaments that may give him WC they don´t care what ATP says, they can promote hiim as former top 20 and so on + don´t forget his best friend is Novak who definitely has some influence and can ask for WC why not, not saying he will get to Masters 1000 or slams, but i can see smaller tournaments to give him WC why not, it all will depend how good he will play, i read somewhere he is just partying now, so i guess his level won´t be good enough and he can really struggle a lot, but if he can play at decent lavel i am optimistic about his chances and not being exiled to Asian challengers for all year:D

·
Premium Member
21,076 Posts

·
Registered
21,230 Posts

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
Oh good, just in time for the ugliest player to watch thread.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts