Mens Tennis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think when a thread is made in the GM section and it proves to make for 'good, decent tennis discussion' and 'raises interesting views' between members. It should be moved to a sub-forum, inside the GM. Alongside the Off Topic and Doubles sub-forums there should be a sub-forum called, 'serious, debate and discussion' and two assigned moderators, may be Litoe if he agrees to it could be one of the ones using their their own discretion on which threads are moved.

I think it is an excellent idea, because too-many threads get lost amongst all the Nadal / Federer juvenile other crap.
Those threads will go there to die, same like when something gets moved to off topic. GM = maximum visibility
No. You misunderstand my point.

In GM, a good discussion will go to 4 may be 5 pages, before floating away to page 2, 3, 4 on the GM .....

Once a good discussion has taken place in a thread and it finally floats away, it can be missed by members whom arrive late to the scene. These members may have something interesting / valuable to add. If the thread however is stored in a more visible sub-forum of the GM section, then these late arrivals may be able to catch it.
Ah, something like 'treasure trove'? :lol: Not a bad idea I guess
:yeah:

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Re: Treasure Trove SUBFORUM (Above GM)

Just so you know your idea is being considered and we're currently discussing its potential. Would be useful if others weighed in with their opinions in the meantime. Since its a potential change to the way GM works, I'm sure many folks around here would have an interest in this.

·
Premium Member
21,076 Posts
Re: Treasure Trove SUBFORUM (Above GM)

Just so you know your idea is being considered and we're currently discussing its potential. Would be useful if others weighed in with their opinions in the meantime. Since its a potential change to the way GM works, I'm sure many folks around here would have an interest in this.
Few people remember to come here. You might consider temporarily moving this to GM.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Re: Proposed GM change: Treasure Trove SUBFORUM (Above GM)

Alright fair enough. This thread (from the proposed new rules section) will be in GM for a few days- if anyone has an opinion on the proposed idea, fire away.

·
Registered
14,890 Posts

If really the conversation/debate is interesting for many users, it will go on (just like many on-going threads). I think this is pretty... Superficial.
But I'm curious to see. Maybe it will be worth it.

·
Registered
13,564 Posts

Sounds like a good idea, especially as the search is often wonky even when one knows what to look for.

My first submission for the treasure trove would be leng's thread analyzing player games.

·
Registered
14,890 Posts

Every thread in which I analyze RBA's game should be considered a treasure.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts

Serious discussion has no place on MTF. Ban OP.

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts

I think it's a good idea.

Actually I hate those 20/25 pages thread after a match, each page have 1 or 2 good messages and that's it. Mostly are "more talented player lost" and things like that. :lol:

·
Registered
668 Posts

How about putting all the mugs and trolls in their own little lobby and making them only allowed to post there until they stop being mugs. Then GM wouldn't be so clogged up with rubbish.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts

How about putting all the mugs and trolls in their own little lobby and making them only allowed to post there until they stop being mugs. Then GM wouldn't be so clogged up with rubbish.
This seems a better deal to me. :D

Might as well try. Just a subforum with serious discussion only (i.e. no troll threads)
With this idea, do you think the people who just come to troll will keep away from it.

·
Registered
9,005 Posts

It definitely sounds like a good idea. Threads with real debate should be in a special place rather than getting lost in the middle of threads where 99% of the posts are about "mugs", "frauds" and "vultures" with below zero tennis discussion.

I definitely miss the days where tennis was actually discussed in GM.

·
Registered
28,789 Posts

Why not. Just like the player forums should be troll-free, there should be a trolling free part of GM.

·
41,440 Posts

I like the idea, but have two proosals

1. Only moderators can open threads in this subforum
2. Strictly punishments for all trolling posts and spams

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.