Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was planning to go to Maldives next week... is it best to leave it or should i be thinking "fuck it lets go" really hard choice. Edging towards no. Anyone with more knowledge please weigh in

·
Registered
506 Posts
If I was you I would just relax and head to Maldives. The only places I'm avoiding right now is China itself and the closest countries around it.

I will be travelling to southern France and Monaco in two weeks time and staying there for a few months, and wouldn't hesitate to travel to the Italian side of the border.

Our immune system has already, since our childhood, seen so many viruses that belong to the same group of viruses than corona - there's actually a large amount of these corona viruses around all the time, this particular one just happens to be a slightly more aggressive one, just like sars and mers were - that this should not be such a huge new thing for it. We deal with all sorts of viruses every day, and stay alive.

Our immune systems weaken down approximately by 0.5% each year and assuming that you as well are still pretty young, you definitely do not belong into any risk groups, unless you have some severe basic ilnesses that are not age dependant.

All of the above I've learned from my friends who work as physicians, and I tend to trust most of what they say.

Naturally there are never any 100% guarantees of anything in life, but I just really don't get the panick some people are in due to this virus, and think that life is so much easier and enjoyable if you don't think about all possible risks that there possibly might exist. Travelling itself, if you think about it, is always risky, as anything might happen, you might get robbed, the aeroplane might crash and so on. Life itself is risky, and you can just as well die in an accident at home. But if you think about that all the time there's nothing left but stress for you.

Having said all that, in the end it's only up to you what you decide to do. I just hope you make a decision that feels right for you, and you can still enjoy life as usual after making that decision.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts