Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think we need to start a thread for each tournament JMG plays, so perhaps we can just talk about his tournament results here. Hopefully, they will actually be worth talking about for the rest of the year. His next event is the Tunica Challenger beginning on May 2nd. :D

·
Premium Member
8,972 Posts
Good idea, Fee. I think the fact that JMG is playing Tunica is basically confirmation that he won't be in Paris :sad: I will miss him, but hopefully see him at Surbiton. I guess he'll stay in the States the week after Tunica and play Forest Hills, NY as well.

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't follow your logic Drew. He plays Tunica on May 2nd, Forest Hills on the 9th (both of those have Saturday finals), so he could still play RG qualies on the 16th if he wants to (James Blake is scheduled to do just that). He's back home in Spokane now, so I hope to catch him and get an update soon.

·
Premium Member
8,972 Posts
:) My logic was not timing, it was that he's staying in the States, his home country, playing on green clay challengers-then he's got to play on European clay, in European conditions. I would've thought he'd get here as early as possible, play singles and doubles just to adapt. I'm still :sad: though because he will have to win 3 matches on clay for me to see him in RG...

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see what you mean now Drew. I suppose he could have played some of the European Challengers, but if he doubts his ability on clay then it's just as well to stay closer to home and work on the clay here. Green clay is a faster surface, but you still have to slide when you play on it, so he will get some practice with the footwork. Personally, a part of me hopes he skips RG and prepares for grass instead. He has points to defend in England, and he may have to qualify for Wimbledon (eek).

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And skip clay he did! His next event will be the Surbiton Challenger (grass). The entry list is in the Challenger forum and Drew will be there to report back to us EVERY NIGHT (right, little soldier?)

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
good. i never liked the clay season anyway. i hope he can re-gain so ground in the grass season. come on JMG!!

·
Premium Member
8,972 Posts
This forum is so under-used :sad: I know Jan-Mike isn't playing at the moment, but I hope it can get up and running again soon.

·
Premium Member
8,972 Posts
Fee said:
And skip clay he did! His next event will be the Surbiton Challenger (grass). The entry list is in the Challenger forum and Drew will be there to report back to us EVERY NIGHT (right, little soldier?)
:lol: Of course I will!!

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
F.Dancevic (CAN) beat (6) J-M.Gambill (USA)
6-4, 6-7(7), 6-3

:sad: :sad: :sad:

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
:sad: he needs to return to form next week!

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Fee said:
F.Dancevic (CAN) beat (6) J-M.Gambill (USA)
6-4, 6-7(7), 6-3

:sad: :sad: :sad:
wait! hang on! can it be! a player i support won a tie break? :eek: *dies*

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jan-Mike decided not to play the Queen's qualies, so his next tournament is the Liverpool International June 8 - 12. He is guaranteed 3 matches there and I think he's also scheduled to play a mixed doubles exhibition with Martina Navratilova. The website is www.liverpooltennis.co.uk. After that he has the W. qualies beginning on Monday, June 13th. The draw will be made on Sunday evening.

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here's the schedule for the first 3 days of the Liverpool Exhibition

Order of play for the next few days: http://www.liverpooltennis.co.uk/schedule.htm

Wednesday, June 8th, beginning at 11 am.

ATP Match Group C: Bobby Reynolds v Stian Buretti
ATP Match Group B: Ken Skupski v Paul Goldstein
Liverpool Youth Tennis Exhibition
Mixed Doubles: Martina Navratilova/Jan-Michael Gambill v Sam Smith/Ivan Ljubicic
Legends Doubles: Mansour Bahrami/Ilie Nastase v Henri Leconte/Peter McNamara
ATP Match Group A: Robert Kendrick v Novak Djokovic

Thursday, June 9th, beginning at 11 am.

ATP Match Group B: Jan-Michael Gambill v Ken Skupski
ATP Match Group A: Novak Djokovic v Jan-Frode Andersen
Maro Development Youth Final
Mixed Doubles: Martina Navratilova/Robert Kendrick v Karoline Borgersen/Jan-Michael Gambill
Legends Doubles: Mansour Bahrami/Henri Leconte v Ilie Nastase/Peter McNamara
ATP Match Group C: Ivan Ljubicic v Bobby Reynolds

Friday, June 10, beginning at 11 am.

ATP Match Group A: Jan-Frode Andersen v Robert Kendrick
ATP Match Group C: Ivan Ljubicic v Stian Buretti
Final Legends Doubles: Mansour Bahrami/Peter McNamara v Ilie Nastase/Henri Leconte
Presentation Ceremony
Legends Singles Match: Pat Cash v Barry Cowan
ATP Match Group B: Jan-Michael Gambill v Paul Goldstein

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
He got direct entry into Indy. The full list is in the Tournament forum. :D

He's also on the entry list for the Forest Hills grass court Challenger beginning June 27th. The full list is in the Challengers thread.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Fee said:
He got direct entry into Indy. The full list is in the Tournament forum. :)
:woohoo: thanks for the GREAT news fee! i will be there (hopefully he will too) and i will cheer him on for all of us. (and take pictures, of course)

1 - 20 of 164 Posts