Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The penultimate stage of the Tour (a time trial) was held today and it was sensational! In a battle of two Slovenians (amazing!) Tadej Pogacar surprisingly neutralized a 1-minute pre-stage deficit to Primoz Roglic (supposedly a better time-trialist) and added another minute virtually winning the Tour. Big congrats to Poga! I was rooting for him the whole race and I'm so happy for him now. I didn't expect such drama today. Pogacar's performance was outstanding, especially on the last part of the TT - on the 6-km climb alone (at the end of the TT) he crushed his closest rivals by 1'20''. The prodigy will be 22 in two days and is the youngest TdF winner since...1904. I'm sorry for Primoz Roglic, who lost the race just 3 km before the TT finish. He was devastated at the finish line. His story is incredible as well - he started as a ski-jumper and didn't bike until he was 22 yo (Poga's current age) and now is one of the best cyclists in the world (winning last year's Vuelta and now 2nd at the Tour). Slovenian power. @Mateya

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
That was sensational. Actually the first time i watched Pogacar (at last year Vuelta) i couldn't believe what i was seeing. Unreal talent.

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,323 Posts
Unreal, I didn't watch it live thinking Roglic would stroll the stage.

Pogacar was my favourite too, he had no team to back him up.

2 youngsters winning the Tour back to back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts