Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
High quality match, with a lot of lengthy and quality rallies between the two. I like Khachanov; his big serve and long swinging forehand. His backhand is a bit weak. If he could improve his backhand, he could be a threat to Top 10 players on a consistent basis.

A good win and nice hitting practice for Rafa. Tsitsipas, next.

Btw, that running banana forehand was awesome. There was another awesome backhand slice from Rafa :worship: that was a winner in that same game.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Easy 1000. Even if he chokes USO or gets hard draw like these masters he could still finish btb YE#1 for once. At this point I'd say 2 man race between Fedal for the USO.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Khachanov lacks variety, and when he can't hit through someone, he hits even harder. When you play the likes of Murray, Nadal, Djokovic etc you can't blast them off the court unless you are playing the tennis of your life. You have to out-think these guys.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
you have got to be kidding...his groundstrokes are powerful but his serve is average-above avg level...nothing great in his serve at all
“I have a big serve and my style of game is to play more aggressive,” Khachanov said.

Race to Milan: Karen Khachanov | News - News | | Winston-Salem Open

·
Registered
546 Posts
@emotion in shambles haha. It's too bad because Stef deserves the title and he probably will get demolished tomorrow. Not looking forward to Nadal top spin botting to Stef's BH.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I only hope this USO is not a cakewalk again for Nadal as it is here,

Chokelic was the only who showed how to demolish Nadal but gifted Nadal the match to give a masterclass in choking

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I only hope this USO is not a cakewalk again for Nadal as it is here,

Chokelic was the only who showed how to demolish Nadal but gifted Nadal the match to give a masterclass in choking
There are only 7 active Grand Slams Champions. 29% of them were in this cakewalk draw...

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
Khachanov lacks variety, and when he can't hit through someone, he hits even harder. When you play the likes of Murray, Nadal, Djokovic etc you can't blast them off the court unless you are playing the tennis of your life. You have to out-think these guys.

This isnt a matter of tactics but technique... Fedovic doesn't just think more.

BTW, amazing match.

Lovely to see Khachanov's stellar progress. So clearly better than he used to be.

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
I though Khachanov looked decent, if a bit one-dimensional. Even the (dumb) Canadian commentators were making suggestions as to how he should mix things up more. Hope Karen keeps improving. Nadal certainly looks good enough to take the title against an inexperienced first-time finalist like Stefanos -- think his only hope is if the late finish makes Nadal sluggish.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I woke up and so got up and watched the first set. I thought that Karen play ok but nothing special and fluffed bis lines on a few key point - especially the tie-break. I thought Nadal was very average though, better than the first set yesterday, but not great. A more experienced and tactical player would have won the first set with ease. I did;t see the second set so can't comment on that. Based on what I've seen this tournament I old say the title is anything but a lock for Rafa.

·
Registered
739 Posts
How many tournaments does this happen for Dull? He doesn’t even play well and strolls to the title.

He’s obviously got a bit of an aura and will get lots of balls back and give players a chance to choke, the likes of Cilic need no second invitation to choke away a match.

Actually don’t think Tsitsipas would choke if given the chance, but he’ll be tired and nervous and also Dull will topspin the single hander all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 78 Posts