1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kanderson clutch when it mattered. Stan still far from his best :eek:

·
23,063 Posts
Nice serving from Anderson, but Stan looks a little flat. That being said at least it is not an errorfest. Bad 1st serve and bad returning (with GOAT serving from Anderson) really made a difference. Serve down the T working for Anderson.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
More professional player won. Wawrinka always plays bad in "morning" matches :eek:

·
Registered
5,482 Posts
Countdown til the usual gibberish about Stan's asterisked slam and Kev being a servebot

Well deserved victory, Kev played great

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Expected since Kanderson doesn't go below certain level of play. Overall dissapointment for Wawrinka.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Expected, though it could be similar to their IW match, but this time KEvin in straight sets, Wawrinka if not playing his best tennis is honestly average top 20 player like before, maybe little bit better, but 60-80% of the year he is like this, still think his ranking is way to high - he has like 4000 points i think and 3000 are AO and MC, on other tournies he is loosing to mugs left-right

·
23,063 Posts
More professional player won. Wawrinka always plays bad in "morning" matches :eek:
He did lose recently in night matches like in Madrid from what I remember.

Ugh, still not in a QF in a Masters tourney except for MC is really going to dent his points grab. I think he was a little tentative to prevent what he did last time against him but now he overcorrected just a little bit. I think a little bit more aggression, I think he would get there. 1st serve % was abysmal. I know he is not supposed to be this consistency freak but he had at least I think reached two QFs in Masters last year before US Open.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
yesssssss!! bye wawrinka, well done kev!!

·
Registered
20,731 Posts
Serve was the decider: Anderson 68% first serve, Wawrinka 43% - the latter seemingly cos of the wind.

That sort of gap on first serve is almost insurmountable on hard court against anyone decent.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Shameful world #4.

He has done nothing this year, nothing, apart from 3 tournaments.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts