1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
9,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Points won
No1e: 64
Polansky: 49

No1e again didn’t have to play more than 15% to win. He did just enough to dominate and win easily in straight sets and conserve energy for later. He also didn’t face a BP in the match. No1e really isn’t playing worse than he did in 2015-2016 in the early rounds. This is how No1e typically plays in the early rounds and then he raises his level as the tourney progresses. I think playing at 60-70% will be more than enough for No1e to easily win Canada.

No1e’s serve has also improved so much and I think it's really close to bot level now.

2 down, 4 to go

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Toronto R2: Djokovic def Polansky 6-3 6-4

Sleepwalked his way through first two rounds of a Masters...not bad for Kingovic

·
Super Moderator
18,661 Posts
Djokovic seemed content to try and get as many rallies going as possible instead of trying to finish points or put more pressure on Polansky. Nothing more than a practice match

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Lol at the first few posts other than Boss. I used to think this way back when Nole would look like shit and Fed would look imperious in the early rounds—then they would meet in the final and Nole would normally kick his ass. It’s obviously happening again, Nole is BOAT.

I don’t know if this is intentional by Nole or not, but yeah he plays like crap in these early rounds, but we know he is gonna play 8 times better once he makes the semis and final—especially with Fedal on the other side of the net. That is why he is BOAT.

·
Banned
9,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol at the first few posts other than Boss. I used to think this way back when Nole would look like shit and Fed would look imperious in the early rounds—then they would meet in the final and Nole would normally kick his ass. It’s obviously happening again, Nole is BOAT.

I don’t know if this is intentional by Nole or not, but yeah he plays like crap in these early rounds, but we know he is gonna play 8 times better once he makes the semis and final—especially with Fedal on the other side of the net. That is why he is BOAT.
You're right :smile2:

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
From the bit of the match that I saw Djokovic was just relentlessly pushing and eventually Polansky obliged with an error. Djokovic looked far from impressive but then he didn't need to be so it's a bit difficult to judge his performance for this match. I'm sure he'll step it up when he has to.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Clinical performance by 11.5% Djokovic.

Zverev if he makes it that far better be prepared to bend over.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I wasn't sure if it was bad form or lack of trying in the match against Basic but in this one it really seemed like he wasn't trying. He basically played like a servebot the whole match and when he needed a break he just went ahead and got one. His returning looked a lot better today and I'm confident he will get past Thiem/Tsitsipas.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
imho, he doesn't look like he's planning to peak anywhere near high enough level to win this tournament.
He will peak at USO 2018 and win it all.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Yeah sure he played like crap against these mugs, but we know he would play 400% better if Feda was on the other side of the net
imho, he doesn't look like he's planning to peak anywhere near high enough level to win this tournament.
I’ll quote this post when boatovic bakes up some tasty bakery products against some sorry mug in the final

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
With all that fast serving and botting, I thought I watched Federer at times. Pretty slick. Terrible from the baseline, though, BH in disarray again.
Lol at Polanski looking like Woody Allen on steroids.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts