Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Toronto R2: Djokovic fights past Monfils 6-2 6-7 7-6

Close one. Too close

Monfils was up 3-1 in the decider and had game point(s) to go up 4-1

I think Djokovic relaxed too much after that first set and underestimated Monfils. He could've lost this many times in that decider

But a win is a win and it's all that matters :yeah: Tsonga is next

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Re: Toronto R2: Djokovic fights past Monfils 6-2 6-7 7-6

that was a sorry excuse for a match, Novače.

·
Your visions will happen
47,134 Posts
Re: Toronto R2: Djokovic fights past Monfils 6-2 6-7 7-6

Shame, just too passive when it mattered most from Monfils. Djokovic was ripe for the taking here, and Tsonga will have chances tomorrow

·
23,063 Posts
Re: Toronto R2: Djokovic beats Clownfils 6-2, 6-7 (4), 7-6 (2)

Well, it is "fun", I mean good points from both, but of course clowning here and there. I don't know what to say -- both didn't really utilize the opportunities they have, especially Monfils who broke in the 3rd Set. I think Djokovic had chances to break to serve it out but wasn't able to do it and did it erroneously many times. The TB came and the Monfils implosion just speaks for itself with just sloppy errors and Djokovic just wanting to win it and get over it.

·
Registered
20,731 Posts

Djokovic's rhythm got thrown pretty badly, perhaps by a combo of the wind and Monfils clowning.

Never really mattered though, because Monfils was terrified of winning. 3-1 in final set, chokes it straight back, then tight as a drum in the tiebreak.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts

Mods, you have promoted a thread that was not titled in the unofficial standard for match results. not cool.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts

Awesome match IMO. Other than some horrifyingly pushed backhands Monfils looked pretty good I thought. :shrug:

·
Registered
756 Posts

I am so upset... Actually a soul crushing loss... I don't even have anything else to say.

·
Registered
20,715 Posts
Re: Toronto R2: Djokovic def. Clownfils 6-2, 6-7 (4), 7-6 (2)

for amount of clowning produced in this match circus show looks like greek tragedy . Federer still stays only top player against whom Monfils won a close match, another out of reach Fed's record :yeah:

1 - 20 of 102 Posts