Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was waiting for this match and outside a Young victory got what I wanted it to be. His 2 losses recently are to those likely to win a slam if not next month, at Australia in January. I really thought he'd get straight setted but happy he didn't.

Dimitrov and Wawrinka could be great to see. As for Young, now the schedule question starts. He was supposed to have been off this week but Washington performance earned him a SE here and he showed fine. He'll need a week of rest before the US Open and I don't know where he'll get that week now. He's scheduled to play Cincy Q and then Winston Salem afterwards.

·
Registered
33,355 Posts
Happy The Don took a set. He's been improving lots this year and should get a win vs top ten soon..

Glad Dimitrov is healthy again and congrats to him and his fans

·
Registered
20,731 Posts
Strange match really. Some nice passages of play, but the first two sets were complete donations. Dimitrov had 4-1, goes horribly awol and loses five games in a row. Second set Young breaks himself out of nowhere, four basic errors in a row, then at 2-5 five errors in a row.

Ultimately Young didn't have enough punch on his shots to hurt Dimitrov though, other than the occasionally clean early strike.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
again he didnt look as a future multiple slam winner, imo

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Dimi game was off(first match after such a long break),but Grigor 2014 wins matches even when he is far from his best.Find ur game Dimi...cmon !

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Don can be top 20.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
why, the Don still has the future on his side
He was talking about Dimitrov, but as for Young himself, the 2 best things that could've happened to him for his career hopes happened in the 2013 FO and the 2014 Australian Open.

David Ferrer made the finals at THIRTY ONE, and Wawrinka won his first and maybe only slam at almost TWENTY-NINE.

·
Registered
6,350 Posts
He was talking about Dimitrov, but as for Young himself, the 2 best things that could've happened to him for his career hopes happened in the 2013 FO and the 2014 Australian Open.

David Ferrer made the finals at THIRTY ONE, and Wawrinka won his first and maybe only slam at almost TWENTY-NINE.
GD is so far from winning a GS he has to be on Mars to be farther

·
Registered
347 Posts

The mug was trying to be funny bro, but he is probably just as dumb as the LA guido, Dimugtrov.:D

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Didn't see the match as I was out but the stats look fairly poor. Grigor was bound to be rusty though and a win is a win so I'm pleased he came through it. Keep it up. :yeah:

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Dimitrov really rusty, specially in the serve. Still win, which is a good thing. I doubt he'll beat Robredo in this form though, hopefully I'm wrong.

As for Young, he wasn't consistent enough today, but still two good weeks for him. It's a shame USTA gave Cincy'ss to some mugs like Querrey and Ginepri and not for him, who is much more deserved these days.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
The Don played some very good points but in the end the way he lost was bad. At least he could've made Dimitrov work hard for it and raise his level but Dimitrov didn't have to, Young played terrible service games to give the breaks.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I didn't see the match, but 3 set vs Young :unsure:

at least he get through..

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Dimitrov for sure

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
I didn't see the match, but 3 set vs Young :unsure:

at least he get through..
well. This young is difference that don't forget who just went to semi in DC

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well. This young is difference that don't forget who just went to semi in DC
Wow, this is the maybe the second time you haven't chimed in on a Young loss as "Young suck is all" I know you didn't do that against Raonic.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts