Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ferrer showed mental strength!

Now he can... get slaughtered by Fed. I have extremely low hopes for that match. Couldn't make a backhand for a set and a half.

Not his choke to del Potro here last year, but second year in a row Dodig has lost a match he should have won to a top player.

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Didn't watched, but Dodig "all-risk" game tends to not work pretty well against players who are good defenders.

I'm actually quite surprised he won a set by 6-1.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
AFter 6-1 i checked score i thought Ferrer is injured and than i found out he won, haven´t seen this Ferrer is o.k or not? btw if Roger beats Cilic he will play him, most likely will loose to Roger, but just checked H2H and last time they played was WTF12 when Ferrer pushed Roger - it was very close match, last year was Ferrer´s best year probably and Roger´s worst in years, lucky Roger they didn´t played:D Ferrer could have score 1st win:D

·
Registered
57,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AFter 6-1 i checked score i thought Ferrer is injured and than i found out he won, haven´t seen this Ferrer is o.k or not? btw if Roger beats Cilic he will play him, most likely will loose to Roger, but just checked H2H and last time they played was WTF12 when Ferrer pushed Roger - it was very close match, last year was Ferrer´s best year probably and Roger´s worst in years, lucky Roger they didn´t played:D Ferrer could have score 1st win:D
In results maybe, because last year was horrible :lol:
He played much better in 2007, 2011, 2012

·
Registered
20,731 Posts
Ferrer was shocking for the first set, but he's usually poor here and in Cincy, it's nothing new.

Dodig: 2/14bps. Ferrer hung around at the start of the second .... just, just enough. Dodig then gets frustrated, dfs twice in a row, and is broken the first bp he faced in the match. All went wrong from there.

·
Registered
28,789 Posts
no one cares :zzz: Ferrer's drop from top-10 is a matter of time :bigwave:
Who cares :lol: Ferrer made the most of his talent and stayed in the top 10 for years. His decline is expected

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Yes, finally Olderer will play against him again

Good for the game :D

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
no thread for a lot of time

ferru is dreadful this year...but a win is a win

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Decent match. Dodig played well but seemed to lose focus a bit in the third set after a few minor confrontations with the umpire. Ferrer did well to come back from that first set though. For a while it seemed like he was done for.

·
23,064 Posts
Ferrer showed mental strength!

Now he can... get slaughtered by Fed. I have extremely low hopes for that match. Couldn't make a backhand for a set and a half.

Not his choke to del Potro here last year, but second year in a row Dodig has lost a match he should have won to a top player.
Nice to see Ferrer tough out a win! That being said, I wonder why Dodig at the 3rd Set kind of stopped attacking the backhand which (you are right) was easily broken down. Ferrer got his tactics right though I guess to prevent it being exploited. FH IO really messing Dodig up that Set.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts