Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The OOP is out and they're not playing until tomorrow. They're really giving Dimitrov time to heal up. Anyway, I hope Young gets revenge on Dancevic for losing in the Tallahassee challenger semifinals 3 months ago.

My expectation for Young this tournament were the exact same ones from the Citi Open. Another match with Dimitrov. If he exceeds this by beating Dimitrov, then terrific.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
dancevic please

·
Your visions will happen
47,138 Posts
Please for the love of GOD, Don, take this shit, what an opportunity this week on that special exempt

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Tough to say

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
The OOP is out and they're not playing until tomorrow. They're really giving Dimitrov time to heal up. Anyway, I hope Young gets revenge on Dancevic for losing in the Tallahassee challenger semifinals 3 months ago.

My expectation for Young this tournament were the exact same ones from the Citi Open. Another match with Dimitrov. If he exceeds this by beating Dimitrov, then terrific.
:confused:

Heal up from what? He's not injured, last time he played was Wimbledon SF. He's in Toronto since Friday. This is probably because of Young, who played a SF saturday. No reason to put him playing on Monday already.

Are you really buying the flu thing? He probably just didn't want it to play Washington. :shrug:

Anyway, this one is really tough to call. Young is surely in better form, but Dancevic is playing at home. I'd say Dancevic in 3.

·
Super Moderator
18,661 Posts
Dancevic chose to play World Team Tennis this month after finally cracking the top 100 again - and accordingly lost big against Paire in DC. Young in straights easily.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:confused:

Heal up from what? He's not injured, last time he played was Wimbledon SF. He's in Toronto since Friday. This is probably because of Young, who played a SF saturday. No reason to put him playing on Monday already.

Are you really buying the flu thing? He probably just didn't want it to play Washington. :shrug:

Anyway, this one is really tough to call. Young is surely in better form, but Dancevic is playing at home. I'd say Dancevic in 3.
1. Young playing the SF is not a guarantee he doesn't play on Monday. Playing Sunday in DC like Pospisil does.

2. Why would I not buy the flu thing? I view injuries as legitimate unless there's reason to believe otherwise. I have no reason to think Dimitrov didn't want to play there as he did play there and did a decent job last year. He wouldn't have passed up the chance that Raonic took full advantdge of if he was ready to go.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Seems like everyone thinks Young will cakewalk this, I thought Frank had a good shot here, remember he was unlucky to lose in this event against Janowicz last year (all over him, just couldn't convert several 0-30 leads)

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
1. Young playing the SF is not a guarantee he doesn't play on Monday. Playing Sunday in DC like Pospisil does.

2. Why would I not buy the flu thing? I view injuries as legitimate unless there's reason to believe otherwise. I have no reason to think Dimitrov didn't want to play there as he did play there and did a decent job last year. He wouldn't have passed up the chance that Raonic took full advantdge of if he was ready to go.
1. But is the right thing to do. With 24 first round matches, the fair thing is to give the guy who played Saturday some rest.
2. Well, last year he was ranked around #30, right now he is a seeded player for both Masters. It's just my opinion, but I think he (and his team) decided to skip this tournament right after Wimbledon (based on his interview post Djokovic's match, when he said they were still "working on the sked"). Not sure this is the right thing to do, most likely not, to give away the chance of earning 500 more points with a WTF spot up for grabs, but looks like they want him fresher for the Masters. Tough to play for 3 weeks in a row, only two top 10 players were in Washington: Berdych and Raonic.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Dancy will win. Everyone is going with the form card, in Canada Dancy will up his anti and I believe he may encourage some silly errors from the duck.

·
28,458 Posts
Depends if Frank decides to be a tennis player today or not. I can't remember a match of his going longer than an hour, with his most recent 6-4 6-0 loss being 39 minutes.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They're second up on the Grandstand. I don't want to be jipped of a Young-Dimitrov match for the second straight week.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts