Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,661 Posts
Re: Toronto R1: Russell routines Mahut 6-3 6-3

Great see to Russell prove he's still got more than WTT in him. Keep it up Mike.

·
Registered
12,469 Posts

I still think Mahut might retire at Bercy...

·
Registered
6,037 Posts

Whoa wtf

·
Registered
3,735 Posts

Both have been horrible this year, but I hope neither will retire after this season.
No way Mahut will retire, he just had the best year of his career last year and still has a good chance to finish the season in top 100.

·
Registered
12,469 Posts

Both have been horrible this year, but I hope neither will retire after this season.
No way Mahut will retire, he just had the best year of his career last year and still has a good chance to finish the season in top 100.
He's had an awful season and still has a lot to defend. I'll bet you that he doesn't end in the top 100.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts

Mike is almost 37 years old

·
Registered
6,037 Posts

Mike I think hangs it up at the US Open. But then again, doesn't have much reason to stop playing :shrug:

·
Registered
57,600 Posts

Russell will probably retire at USO or at Houston next year imo.
Mahut I doubt, he's still an elite doubles player who will be right on the cusp of top 100.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts

It was a similar scoreline last time they played a non-grass match together.

Mahut is hopeless off the grass.

·
Registered
756 Posts

Last year Russell said that this year's USO would be a good time to retire and earlier this year he half-jokingly asked Roddick to play doubles with him there. Seems like he has already make up his mind, I still hope he decides to keep playing tbh, just for the sake of it :)

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
mahut :spit:

·
Registered
4,143 Posts

He's had an awful season and still has a lot to defend. I'll bet you that he doesn't end in the top 100.
He`s habing a wodnerful season in doubles. If he manages to finish in the 90-120 position in singles, there is simply no way he will retire at all

1 - 15 of 15 Posts