Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,632 Posts
The score would be reversed this time last year. Still Goffin isn't that solid on US HC most of the time.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Disappointing display by David, he didn't win a SINGLE point on Raonic's first serve... :( Sure, he was botting like crazy but come on...

His only chance was at *5-3 0-40 in the first set but he got blasted to oblivion by 5 winning serves...tough match to watch, both in terms of quality/entertainment value and result :(

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Goffin can give Raonic a really tough match but I think it just show's he's not on the level of a Nishikori, unless he's plaiying his very best or close to it. He was getting there last year with some impressive wins over each of the big 3. I don't know what's up, you know he can play excellent tennis, as he did against Tiafoe.

Also, and I never thought I'd say this, I'm happy to see Raonic back and competing.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I hate raonic but I hate Goffin even more. Always great to see an arrogant "nice guy" crushed.

·
52,632 Posts
Raonic did play pretty smoothly today, cutting through the court very well. Just a bit too much for Goffin to handle.

·
Registered
14,088 Posts
I hate raonic but I hate Goffin even more. Always great to see an arrogant "nice guy" crushed.

Lol what?

David is a complete innocent flower.

·
52,632 Posts

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Goffin isn't even playing top 20 tennis lately. Raonic was crumbling under pressure in last game, but David helped with 3 UEs :facepalm:
Botnic was good, probably played his best match of the year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts