Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
57,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Second week in a row Isner has lost a three setter in which he didn't have a single break point. He's incredibly bad off the ground right now

·
Registered
648 Posts
Thank you Ivan for taking out the trash. :worship:

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
silver lining he won't be gassed for the USO hopefully, only Ciny ans WS left

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Thank you Ivan for taking out the trash. :worship:
Really a joke to call Isner trash.

But he's had a rough time since Atlanta, for sure. Very inconsistent year. I feel like he's sliding into a permanent decline.

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
Isner to blast Rogers Cup organizers for not putting him on Centre Court. :lol:

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
Isner to blast Rogers Cup organizers for not putting him on Centre Court. :lol:
he was actually scheduled on Center but got moved due to the rain, and that was the first thing I thought of when I saw the schedule last night. An Isner comment like "They put me on Center in Canada but they don't do some in my home country" :lol:

Now it's probably "The rain hates me, didn't want me on Center"

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Way to go Ivan! I think I might be the only one in FITD that picked him over Isner. Saw Ivan practice with Istomin on Saturday and he looked pretty good considering he hasn't played since RG. So what, the heck decided to take a flyer on him. And like emotion pointed out above, you don't have to do much to beat Isner lately.
PS: Also picked Dodig to make the QF .. so no early congrats; maybe I'm just crazy ;-).

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
anyway, this opens the draw up quite nicely for Schnur to potentially face a potentially injured Ferrer in the 3rd round

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Really a joke to call Isner trash.

But he's had a rough time since Atlanta, for sure. Very inconsistent year. I feel like he's sliding into a permanent decline.
After each point Isner walks around like the living dead. It is really depressing to watch his matches right now.

·
Registered
5,521 Posts
anyway, this opens the draw up quite nicely for Schnur to potentially face a potentially injured Ferrer in the 3rd round
Yeah. That's exactly what will happen....

Anyway, Isner should be ashamed of himself. I expect him to vulture Winston Salem and then be tired for USO and lose 5-setter in R3.

·
Registered
170 Posts
This is why comparing Isner to Raonic makes no sense. Isner doesn't even come close to comparing to Raonic off the ground and his net game is terrible. Just look at how he got broken. He looked totally uncomfortable up at net. Milos expects his serves to come back. Isner always seems to be hoping that they don't. And he has never worked on his ROS since he came onto the scene in 2007.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Isner seems to have a serious crisis in confidence right now, two bad losses during the time of year he is supposed to excel and get himself some ranking points. Dodig hadn't played a match since the French and hadn't won a match in months, this was a great victory for him and hopefully will help him back to top 40 level soon. His serving was good and he was clutch.

·
Registered
28,789 Posts
Outbollocksed.

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
Second week in a row Isner has lost a three setter in which he didn't have a single break point. He's incredibly bad off the ground right now
His return games have always been bad.

·
Banned
2,609 Posts
Isner is a joke right now, don;t know why since he got his American 250 vulture title :confused: His ranking is in for a world of hurt if he doesn't get it together, though I know some Nadulltards would like that fans of the game should appreciate having a guy who actually steps up and takes it to the top guys (something Raodick doesn't do).

1 - 20 of 32 Posts