Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here comes FAA! I hope you watched it folks because this is going to be FAA's breakthrough just like Shapovalov at Montreal last year.
Onto the next round vs Medvedev. If he wins this, he very likely will face Zverev. How about beating world number 2?

First win against top 50.
First win against top 20.
Only 4th ATP tour level win, second Masters 1000 win. I'm impressed.

Sure, Pouille was weak and his serve is still not there. But the way he was fighting, obviously motivated by the crowd and his birthday tomorrow...you gotta love this guy and praise him as the new king! I can't wait for the big 4 to retire, the tardism to stop and the young guns to dominate the tour. I'm just happy right now :smile2:

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Ladies and gentlemen, you have just witnessed a future grand slam winner.

What a composed and mature 18 year old, wow

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
expected result, Pouille is awful this season, not even playing like a top 100 player atm. Auger played solid, noting more
Yes and this is what's so impressive. Being solid as a 17 yo, not choking after getting broken when serving for the set but just take the set next game. He is not playing like a 17/18 yo and I can't wait to see him improve...

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Here comes FAA! I hope you watched it folks because this is going to be FAA's breakthrough just like Shapovalov at Montreal last year.
Onto the next round vs Medvedev. If he wins this, he very likely will face Zverev. How about beating world number 2?
Zverev is not close to world number 2 yet, in fact he would probably be world number 4 next week:p Great win for Felix, the youngsters keep on delivering this week.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Yes and this is what's so impressive. Being solid as a 17 yo, not choking after getting broken when serving for the set but just take the set next game. He is not playing like a 17/18 yo and I can't wait to see him improve...
I'm waiting to see his true level, today he faced an awful player who can't beat anyone ranked inside top 200

·
Registered
14,087 Posts
Because he beat this Pouille :lol: ? Pouille almost lost to Millot last week
Calm down.

Pouille might be bad this year but it's still a good/big win.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Zverev is not close to world number 2 yet, in fact he would probably be world number 4 next week:p Great win for Felix, the youngsters keep on delivering this week.
My bad, I meant second seed obviously. Sorry Roger :grin2:

·
Super Moderator
18,661 Posts
Pouille was crap but you're trolling if you're arguing that FAA didn't play a great match and didn't show unequivocally he belongs already with the best in the world. Of course at 17 the issue is consistency and he'll have to develop it, but he can play a top level full stop

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
FAA is 18, was making a Masters debut afaik and Pouille is former Top10 and actually close to Top10, like it or not, even if he is playing like shit right now it is still an amazing result for the youngster. Please name another 18 year old player who dismantled a Top20 player with such an ease in last 10 years or so. Fingers in one hand would be enough (a hand of a woodcutter that is) xD

He will be good :)

·
Premium Member
8,283 Posts
First time watching Felix and he seems to be a decent talent. Good win for him. Canadian tennis looks to have a bright future.

But it has to be said Pouille is absolutely awful outside of weak French 250s. Take away those points and he would barely be ranked inside the top 100. A perfect vulture and I say that as a fan of his.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts