Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anderson started with the poor form showed in the last set against Young, in the first Kokkinakis hit some great shots on both wings, saved a 0-30 when serving for the set, got a bit lucky too there. Then Anderson was more confident on his serve, got the break with some poor decisions by Kokk in that game then the australian had also the trainer in at the end of 2nd set for a groin issue. Was broken early in the 3rd then Anderson came up with aces every time he had chances to break back.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Expected result, I thought Kokkinakis would make this competitive, Anderson not playing all that well right now. Thanasi was aggressive and served pretty well for his own part but not consistent enough to pull out another set.

·
Your visions will happen
47,119 Posts
Still a great showing from Thanasi to qualify coming straight from the Vancouver CH.

Now 186 in the live ranks, top 100 by the end of the year is not out of the question.

Onto Cincy qualies

·
Registered
81 Posts
Watched the second two sets of this in person. Toronto Grandstand is GREAT because you're right there watching. Best and worst in the match came from Thanasi. He came up with some great shots and has really excellent lateral movement. He has a pretty positive energy on court and was very nice to the ballkids, which I always like. Anderson was just kinda there, other than some pretty impressive serving.

·
Super Moderator
62,003 Posts
Still a great showing from Thanasi to qualify coming straight from the Vancouver CH.

Now 186 in the live ranks, top 100 by the end of the year is not out of the question.

Onto Cincy qualies
Not sure how much credit he gets for beating Matosevic 6-7 ret.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
nice try from kokk here, but i expected more after taking the first set. not sure if the rain broke his concentration

anyway, nice tournament as i said. good luck next week!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts