·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monstrous score. Is DieGOAT back???

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,613 Posts
I think this match perfectly sums up the limitations of Edmund. FH firepower alone can only get you so far.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
54% return points won, 70% first serves in, 80% points won on first serve, and 0 BPs faced

Simply a great performance from Diego :yeah:

I think this match perfectly sums up the limitations of Edmund. FH firepower alone can only get you so far.
Pretty much, Edmund had no chance in BH to BH rallies.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Wow, what a beatdown. I know that Diego is talented but he really shouldn't be losing with a scoreline like this. And this after losing to Andy who is way off full fitness. I hope it's only a temporary thing.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,335 Posts
Damn. Schwartzman winning would not have surprised me, but this scoreline does. Kyle must have been rather terrible.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Edmong is a shit player and Diego is a legend. Were he 6'1 he'd be Top 5. Edmund is an awful player this result should come as no surprise to anyone

·
Registered
958 Posts
Edmund still young and has no mental toughness whatsoever. A few bad points in a match can switch him off, let alone a few bad matches in a row. He looked like he wanted to stay at home and someone dragged him to the court. On the other hand, the lil big dude showed no signs of slowing down

·
Registered
14,081 Posts
This is weird. I knew he could win, but Edmund winning only 3 games? Lol.

The thing is, Edmund's FH and point construction against Murray in Eastbourne was brilliant, and kind of made me change my opinion on him... Sounds like that was a bit of an outlier, given his last 2 matches/losses.

0 BP's against Schwartzman? Lol

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,613 Posts
Match up thingy ? Could be. BH vs BH match decider. Just looking at the score. Didn't watch.
Highlights. The camera angle while not conventional is actually instructive.

Well matchup is a very simplistic way to put it. Diego is one of the most dynamic scrappers in the current game. Gets a great deal of returns into play to reset the point, and can defend a lot of shots that seem unreachable, but also then step in on any opening. The guy has some lightning feet. This will drive a lot of players crazy. Edmund can be lead of foot sometimes, a few volleys were completely missed as a result of not prepping the feet.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Well, I am bit chocked but pleased too by the score. Strange thing is that before the match, Kyle was the heavy favourite for the bookmakers, which sounded a bit too much according to me as Diego is still the higher ranked player of the two and is a good HC player (1/4 finalist last year at the Canadian Open by the way)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Well matchup is a very simplistic way to put it. Diego is one of the most dynamic scrappers in the current game. Gets a great deal of returns into play to reset the point, and can defend a lot of shots that seem unreachable, but also then step in on any opening. The guy has some lightning feet. This will drive a lot of players crazy. Edmund can be lead of foot sometimes, a few volleys were completely missed as a result of not prepping the feet.
I can see. Highlights showed all that , the usual. Thanks. But also a shadow of Edmund of early this year. Not even being able to punish that weak a serve of Diego.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Edmund still young and has no mental toughness whatsoever. A few bad points in a match can switch him off, let alone a few bad matches in a row. He looked like he wanted to stay at home and someone dragged him to the court. On the other hand, the lil big dude showed no signs of slowing down
One thing you can say about Diego is that, although he may be small, he has the heart of a giant.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts