Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
Toronto QR1: Schnur d. Ebden 7-5 6-2

Schnur is pretty good at times. of all the Canadians I felt like he had the best shot at winning a qualies match and he didn't let me down. Maybe he can qualify considering Sugita was down a break in both sets against Diez

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Re: Toronto QR1: Schnur def. [5] Ebden 7-5 6-2

good win for the UNC freshman

19-4 in dual singles matches, going 13-4 against nationally ranked competition and 18-5 in doubles dual matches with sophomore Brett Clark. He was named ACC freshman of the year

ACC is not the arse clown competition in case someone was wondering.

He's wins over Polansky and Bester

·
Registered
21,399 Posts

Schnur sounds like an Austrian dish.

·
Your visions will happen
47,138 Posts

And here I was looking at the draw thinking surely Ebden couldn't mess this up

·
Registered
22,412 Posts

my thread will probably get merged into here eventually but I'll comment here as well.

I thought Schnur had a shot here, best shot of all the Canadians in qualies anyway. Ebden can be terrible at times, and Schnur is better than his ranking, would be higher if he was focusing on the pros all the time but he's playing for UNC in college. He's probably better than Peliwo considering current form, and now hopefully Peliwo will try to prove me wrong by beating Jaziri.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts

my thread will probably get merged into here eventually but I'll comment here as well.

I thought Schnur had a shot here, best shot of all the Canadians in qualies anyway. Ebden can be terrible at times, and Schnur is better than his ranking, would be higher if he was focusing on the pros all the time but he's playing for UNC in college. He's probably better than Peliwo considering current form, and now hopefully Peliwo will try to prove me wrong by beating Jaziri.
are you attending this year?

·
28,458 Posts

Yeah, Schnur could qualify, probably had the best chance, with Diez being second. Weak section of the draw and the best Canadians in the draw besides Peliwo.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I was at the match. Was really looking forward to this .. only had seen him on TV. Schnur looked really nervous at the start, but unbelievably he was the more aggressive player. Ebden was pushing like he always does and waiting for UE and Schnur obliged. I left at 2-5 in first to watch Bernie since push&UE fests aren't that interesting. Came back and score is 7-5, 3-1 Schnur. Whoa!

Anyways, Schnur just dominated after that, attacking Ebden 2nd serve (his backhand DTL to get the second break was awesome .. Milos, you want a picture of that .. u should try it more often :) ). Schnur actually should have won it 6-1 (had MP on Ebden serve) but couldn't close the deal. Came out at did it easily the next game though. He looked pretty darn happy after the win.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
299 Posts

:eek: unexpected result, congrats Schnur.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts

Saw him last year against Moriya in Granby CH and you can easily tell that he has much more potential than his ranking suggest. Great serve & FH if I recall well, and aggressive player.

Guess some here took some profitable odds on this rookie ;)

·
Registered
1,200 Posts

Saw him last year against Moriya in Granby CH and you can easily tell that he has much more potential than his ranking suggest. Great serve & FH if I recall well, and aggressive player.

Guess some here took some profitable odds on this rookie ;)
Yah I was surprised at his serve ... he looks like he has a lot of room to fill out yet (expected at 19). Was topping out at 215 / 220K on 1st serve, so not bad for a 19 yo.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
:haha: too epic, bye ebden

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Ebden is a weaponless pusher he should lose to anyone who can defend his serve well. I didn't follow this match but I think there was an injury break at 6-5 not sure.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts