Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jazz was cruising until 6-2 5-2, at which point Filip cruised through a return and service game to get to 4-5 down. He cruised to 15-40, and got like 3 more bp's after that as well before Jaziri closed it out. Not exactly sure how that happened, hoping sdmartin was there, and if Jaziri just got tight or Filip just started playing better with nothing to lose, until he got to the point he was back in the match on those bp's and then he fell apart again? anyway, weird ending to what I figured would be an easy win once Jaziri got the lead.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Good for the game. Failwo belongs on a futures circuit.

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not that creative, at least use something that fits his exact name. Like Peliwoeful

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
pepe :facepalm: he looks lost...

·
Registered
13,452 Posts
I doubt he liked not being given a main draw WC, but he didn't deserve it at all. He's going to have to get his mindset right.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
I doubt he liked not being given a main draw WC, but he didn't deserve it at all. He's going to have to get his mindset right.
Yep Peliwo has done nothing of note he deserves nothing he's 20 if he wants to become any sort of player it would want to be now
Still a bit surprised as the likes of the US give WildCardisson WC even tough he's rubbish

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
i like filip but i also get this hair of arrogance and entitlement around him. as it stands now he's been disapointing. cant seem to get it together. i thought he'd be making major moves this year and setting himself up to break top 100 next year. seems his attitude holds him back though

·
Registered
25 Posts
Peliwo started playing a lot more freely at 2-5 in the second. He seemed very energized by the crowd. Jaziri also stated to tighten up and was making a number of errors. It was almost an incredible come back in the set...

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Jazz was cruising until 6-2 5-2, at which point Filip cruised through a return and service game to get to 4-5 down. He cruised to 15-40, and got like 3 more bp's after that as well before Jaziri closed it out. Not exactly sure how that happened, hoping sdmartin was there, and if Jaziri just got tight or Filip just started playing better with nothing to lose, until he got to the point he was back in the match on those bp's and then he fell apart again? anyway, weird ending to what I figured would be an easy win once Jaziri got the lead.

I left after Peliwo went down 2-5 in the first. It is just becoming clear to me that Peliwo just doesn't have it. He doesn't have the power to hit through people, but also doesn't have the consistency required to make up for it. Rather depressing after his final year of junior; thought he might be a top-50 guy some day. Maybe he still will, but I can't see it.

I went over to the Kokkinakis match for a bit (now there is an impressive young gun!) and then the Becker / Martin match so I could watch something competitive. When Peliwo got to 4-5 you could really hear the grandstand crowd roaring but I had no faith anything good would happen and stayed where I was.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
I only saw it from the middle of the second set. Peliwo did play a little better and Jaziri did get a bit tight, so that accounted for the comeback attempt. Peliwo has put on some muscle since I saw him in 2012 (not a lot, mind you, but some -- and it was much needed).

Winner gets Tomic so it doesn't much matter.

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
he didn't get WC :confused:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts