Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kevin broke serve four times and everyone thinks he's a servebot :lol:. Playing with such confidence and control basically all of this year. Wouldn't shock me if he reached the final.

Back to the drawing board for Grigor, i'm afraid. After the points from Cincinnati drop off, he will likely be out of the Top 10 and have some serious soul-searching to do.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Please Kevin tennis needs you to stop Zverev. At this point I'll cheer for anyone against Zverev except Cecchinato and Ryan Harrison.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Very good level by Anderson
Very low by Dimitrov

Anderson just attacked Dimitrov's second serve all match long. The bulgarian was never comfortable.
Great day on serve too, no break chances conceded.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,639 Posts
:lol: four breaks by Kev is ouch material.
Told ya H2H means little. Kevin is confident while Grigor barely escaped his last two matches.

·
Registered
14,092 Posts
Dimitrov has no idea how to play tennis at the moment.

First Masters SF for the current Wimbledon and USO runner up? :lol:

Edit: Forgot he made one a couple of tournaments previously :p

This was such a beatdown that even Anderson in a masters QF couldn't get in a position to choke.
Yea, Madrid..

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,203 Posts
First Masters SF for the current Wimbledon and USO runner up? :lol:

Edit: Forgot he made one a couple of tournaments previously :p

This was such a beatdown that even Anderson in a masters QF couldn't get in a position to choke.
Remember the monumental choke against the same player here in 2014? :lol:

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,639 Posts
Remember the monumental choke against the same player here in 2014? :lol:
Major revenge for that one. Honestly for the most part Kevin's mental strength has improved which explains his results. Still can get wobbly but he trusts himself a lot more. Dimitrov not so much.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Please Kevin tennis needs you to stop Zverev. At this point I'll cheer for anyone against Zverev except Cecchinato and Ryan Harrison.
:topic: I'd say the sport is much better off with Zverev (= at the moment one of the best prospects to craft a complete and consistent game + seems to have mental fortitude) onboard.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Major revenge for that one. Honestly for the most part Kevin's mental strength has improved which explains his results. Still can get wobbly but he trusts himself a lot more. Dimitrov not so much.
His YEC title is a travesty in hindsight and only could be achieved because the championship field was depleted and Federer got beaten by Goffin who choked away the final.

OT, Anderson's ROS has improved tremendously, it is almost like a weapon lately. Not in all matches, also not in all big matches, but it is an interesting trend which he can build upon in the next years to come.

·
Registered
14,394 Posts
Back to the drawing board for Grigor, i'm afraid. After the points from Cincinnati drop off, he will likely be out of the Top 10 and have some serious soul-searching to do.

If my math is not totally off, he most likely will still be comfortably in Top 10.

·
Registered
10,410 Posts
If my math is not totally off, he most likely will still be comfortably in Top 10.
Indeed, 3700 points should be enough to stay in the Top 10 for the time being.

Cilic (7) and Anderson (6) are likely to pass him, but Thiem (8) and Isner (9) have to defend a QF and a SF appearance in Cincy, respectively. Djokovic might get over 3700, but that's not guaranteed. If Goffin reaches Cincy F, he could pass Dimitrov, too, but that seems highly unlikely.

As long as Dimitrov can get to R3 in Cincy at minimum, he should be safe within the Top 10.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Lol at this result

Kevin broke serve four times and everyone thinks he's a servebot :lol:
Well, I would say Anderson ranking 47th of the current top 50 in terms of return points won % this year might have something to do with people calling him a servebot. The only players worse than him in that regard are Sock who's not even playing top 200 tennis this year, Isner and Kyrgios

1 - 20 of 41 Posts