Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:bounce:

I know most of you don't care but just in case someone is interested,

Chilean pair of Podlipnik and Jarry win the doubles competition in Toronto Pan American Games!

The match quality wasn't very high but the desire to win in these competitions always make up for the lack of quality.
I think the conditions weren't that good either, it seems like it was very sticky + slow hard courts = no control on the balls :lol:

Anyways, Podlipnik and Jarry showed a lot of heart in the key moments and they pulled this out.

Some stats,

CHI: 2 aces/1 DF, 1st serv 66% in (winning 84%) 2nd serv 95% in (winning 50%) 2/2 in BPs and 27/51 (W/UEs) ouch!

ARG: 0 aces/6 DFs, 1st serv 70% in (winning 61%), 2nd serv 76% in (winning 52%) 1/7 in BPs and 8/43 (W/UEs)

I'm happy with the future of Nicolás Jarry, 1,98 cms and 19 years old, our new KEVIN ANDERSON from Chile.

:woohoo:

CHILEAN TENNIS NEEDS TO REVIVE!!!

·
MONSOON season.
81,970 Posts
Congrats to the Chilean pair :yeah: But this is really an exhibition event. Doesn't mean much. All this shows is they could win Challengers.

·
Registered
14,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes, you're right. This is not very competitive.

Anyways, I think Jarry is a good prospect to our tennis. I'm not saying he's the next big deal for our tennis just because of this match only (or this tournamnt) but because I've seen he's going in to the right direction and has improved a lot and has good weapons (mainly his serve). I think he may crack the top 100 someday! I hope this happens

:yeah: Thanks for your comment, Martjin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts