Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will we see a great Rogie, Rafa, and Djokovic all at the same time the rest of 2018?

Who wins Toronto, Cincinnati, USO, Beijing, Shanghai, Basel, Paris, and London??

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Recency bias will have everyone saying Nole will win everything but while he played well throughout the Tournament, he was not dominant. Nadal, Federer, Del Potro, Cilic and the rest will all be in the mix.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
It should be a really competitive hardcourt season. In addition to the big 3 we have JMDP, Cilic, Zverev, Kyrgios, Dimitrov etc.

Plenty to look forward to.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I think it will be a split between Nadal,Nole,Federer and Del Potro.
USO will be extremely interesting,the conditions there favors Rafa with the high bouncing and the slow court,i think for the first time in his career he will defend his USO title.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I'm not a fan of trying to pick winners for multiple events, always a mug's game (ok, except may Rafa for the FO) but I entirely agree with the sentiment that the coming months may be another great period for the game. Let's hope all the main contenders stay injury free.

It would also be good to see one of the youngsters go close in a slam, if not win it. All we've had so far is Thiem's rather modest effort at RG. I like the oldies hanging around for as long as possible to give the youngsters a target to aim for, but it really is time a few of them stepped up to the mark a bit more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts