Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
looks like Matosevic found out about Nishikori's withdrawal after the first set?

Doesn't make sense why he'd waste all that energy to win the set and then withdraw?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Toronto FQR: Kokkinakis def. Matosevic 6-7 (7) ret

Kokkinakis was 6-1 up in the tie break but then lost it. However, ATP live scores notify me he won as Matosevic apparently retired straight after that. Who wants to bet he'll have miraculously recovered in order to play as a LL in the main draw?

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
epic stuff

·
Registered
428 Posts
looks like Matosevic found out about Nishikori's withdrawal after the first set?

Doesn't make sense why he'd waste all that energy to win the set and then withdraw?
Suspicios, very.
Odds drifted quite a bit before the match, either info about the injury or hm, how should I put it...

If he takes the "lucky" loser spot it will be his 4th time in a year he got in the tournament that way, every time in a masters event, lucky loser in MC, Madrid and now again well something has to be done here as it hardly seems fair to the other guys

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
should be banned if he get LL

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
The LL rules need to be looked at because people are violating them. That said, I'm glad Kokkinakis has made the main draw.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
I don't understand why they still haven't introduced the slams way

·
Registered
12,469 Posts

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
Suspicios, very.
Odds drifted quite a bit before the match, either info about the injury or hm, how should I put it...

If he takes the "lucky" loser spot it will be his 4th time in a year he got in the tournament that way, every time in a masters event, lucky loser in MC, Madrid and now again well something has to be done here as it hardly seems fair to the other guys
I assume you mean like drifted as in a bunch of people were putting money on Kokk?

That would be understandable sinc eeveryone knew Nishikori withdrawing meant Matosevic was in win or lose so people probably bet on Kokk knowing Matosevic wouldn't be giving 100% probably

·
Premium Member
5,071 Posts
Re: Toronto FQR: Kokkinakis def. Matosevic 6-7 (7) ret

They really needa rule that if you retire from qualifying you cant play main draw

Why did he retire? Was it a kneck injury?

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
:facepalm:

Ridiculous, this was obviously a tank in order to guarantee another Australian player in the draw. Both players would be banned for the rest of the year if ATP had balls.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Disrespectful with Jaziri and the crowd. I have nothing against Matosevic and Kokk, they just took advantage of a regulatory gap, but this should not be allowed at all.

LLs should be drawn in all tournaments. Situations like this mess up tennis' clean sport image.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts