Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
World number one Novak Djokovic will start his preparations for the Australian Open by taking his place in a quality field for a tournament in the United Arab Emirates.

The Serbian star, who enjoyed a stellar season in 2012 with three Grand Slam titles, will be part of a six-man field for the Mubadala World Tennis Championship. People looking ahead to the 2012 Australian Open Betting will be keeping a close eye on him.

The event takes place in Abu Dhabi later this month, with Djokovic joined by Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, David Ferrer, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Gael Monfils with US $250,000 prize money up for grabs.

After crashing out of the ATP World Tour Championship in the group stages, the Wimbledon champion will want to re-establish himself as the man to beat ahead of the opening Grand Slam event of 2012.

Djokovic admitted: "I've probably played the best tennis of my life (in 2011), but I remain focused on the future and continuing my form into next season starting with Abu Dhabi.

"Obviously a tournament of real quality to begin the season is vital for building early momentum and [Abu Dhabi] is the perfect place to start."

Djokovic will face world number 15 Monfils in the first round, with a potential semi-final against Federer – with the Swiss ace receiving a first-round bye. People placing a Betfair tennis free bet should remember this.

The world number one will go into his opening match as a strong favourite, having won all eight of his previous encounters with the Frenchman.

In the other half of the draw, Nadal received a bye and will face the winner of the Ferrer v Tsonga encounter.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts