Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
70,519 Posts
oli golding in the heading =( he was one of my faves too, so sad he didnt make it

·
Banned
70,519 Posts
having seen the video, there are for me 2 categories

complete FAILS:
oli, quinzi

made it for a brief time:
donald young

is having a career but worse than we thought:
liam broady. he is currently around his career high ranking. he should be higher, i agree

·
Registered
13,865 Posts
Peliwo was the top junior in the world for a while there. He never had the most projectable pro game, but I figured he'd have at least made the top 100.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Kristian Pless, Julian Jean Pierre, Wesley Whitehouse, Todd Reid, Kozlov, Daniel Elsner, Razvan Sabau, Arnaud Di Pasquale.

·
Banned
70,519 Posts
Peliwo was the top junior in the world for a while there. He never had the most projectable pro game, but I figured he'd have at least made the top 100.
peliwo is a nice call. he won the GS junior in singles some years ago and never really made it..so far

·
Registered
13,037 Posts
Peliwo was already 18 years old when he won the gs, he was basically a vulture in juniors.

Ciorcilla, Saville, Luz, Thiago Fernandes...

·
Banned
70,519 Posts
Peliwo was already 18 years old when he won the gs, he was basically a vulture in juniors.

still no one had achieved that since, i believe, edberg. it was a huge achievement

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Roman Valent? Basically the only thing I remember about him is that he failed as a pro.

·
Banned
70,519 Posts
victor baluda and specially mikhail biryukov, he died last year indeed =(

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Jan Silva )

·
Registered
88 Posts
Filip Peliwo for sure has to be the biggest example I can think of that was a great junior and has disappointed. A few more I can think of would be Quentin Halys and Zsombor Piros

·
Banned
70,519 Posts
Actually I guess the biggest example would be Bernard Tomic
Bernie achieved way more as a pro than peliwo, golding, broady, saville, Quinzi or all the other guys named here man

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Dang, I totally forgot about Peliwo! He will be featured in the next video for sure :D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts